Re: Be A GM Edit Lines Glitch

by TeknoBug

Original Post

Game lagged and deleted my HUT collection

★★★ Newbie

I was playing  NHL 16 HUT and I had got a player to put on my team. I went to the edit lines page and the screen froze for a few seconds. ( it lags from screen to screen now and then) I hit buttons on my controller to see if it was still frozen. The next thing I know it kicks me to the main menu and when I logged back in to HUT it said my team was deleted. I don't know if you can fix this but I spent money on my team and a lot of time building my team. The placement of the delete HUT team shouldn't be on edit line page.

I have talked to a women from EA this morning and she told me to write down some of the players that I lost. Then take a picture of the list as send it. I just tried to do that and another person told me to list it here. It sucks because one hour earlier I completed my Detroit and Carolina collection. 

P. Datsyuk
H. Zetterberg
N. Kronwall
J. Howard
T. Johnson
J. Faulk
G. Nyquist
Team of the week. T. Tatar
J. Johnson
E. Lack

Message 1 of 8 (363 Views)

Be A GM Edit Lines Glitch

★★★ Newbie

In Be A GM, I go to edit lines, go over to the player, press A and nothing happens. Also, after I press it, the only prompts on the bottom of the screen are B to go back and pressing right stick to view player, which neither work either. When I press A to sub a player it pretty much looks up the game where i can only move the left stick around or hit the guide button

Message 2 of 8 (421 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 3 of 8 (397 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the exact same issue which pretty renders the GM mode unplayable. So frustrating. This combined with the random player morale system is really taking the fun out of the game. I get what they were trying to do, but now I have to randomly guess which of 4 responses will make my viritual player happy, all without any hint as to their attitude. Why would they make such a big part of the game on their first try? I'm trying to play a video game, not have to bang my head against the wall trying to guess how to please virtual players. GEEZ, EA, did you guys play a season in GM MODE BEFORE YOU RELEASED THE GAME TO US?
Message 4 of 8 (386 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah me too I tried contacting Ea nothing and then Microsoft but they can't do anything until more people complain about the same problem does anyone know how to fix it?
Message 5 of 8 (374 Views)

Bug: Menu Freezes after editing lines in Online Versus lobby

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Short description:

I'm editing my lines before a Quick Online Versus game. When I'm finished and want to return to the Lobby to start the game I pressing the Back button multiple times.

When I return to the lobby I am unable to select Ready.

The menu simply does not work any longer. I can't select any of the menu items (like Ready or Edit Lines)

I can not even select any menu item. I am completely unable to interact with the game menu.

Thus it is IMPOSSIBLE to start the game.

I've tried moving using the controller in different ways, there is no way to do anything that affects the menu.

The Xbox One Home button still works though. The Back button also works. So the only option left is to exit the game.

Steps to reproduce this issue:

1.Search for a new Quick Online Versus Game (1 vs 1)

2.When you've found an opponent and you're inside the "Lobby" before starting the game; Edit your Lines

3.Perform some simple changes like switching places of a few players on the offensive lines

4 Press the Back button multiple times quickly in an attempt to to return to the Lobby so that you can stat playing the game

5. Upon returning to the Lobby you will be completely unable to access ANY menu options.

Clicking the buttons on the controller does not do anything.
There is no way to highlight or select any of the menu items.

So you cannot start the game and neither can you go back to changing lines.

The only thing you can do is quit by pressing Back once again.

extra notes:

-When this bug has occured the other player has also edited their lines, but they have already selected 'Ready' when I have finished editing my lines.

How often does this bug occur:

I've noticed this bug on 4 separate occasions.

That's about 20% of all times that I've edited my lines before a 1vs1 online game.

(I've played about 100 1v1 games in total abut I think I've only changed my lines before the game about 20 times )

Could the issue be the controller?

Nope, it's connected to the xbox just fine and I can still press the Back button to exit the game.

The issue is definetely the menu itself.

Platform: XBOX ONE

Message 6 of 8 (369 Views)

Delayed Response to button selections

★★★ Newbie

During the GM mode when I'm managing my team there is often a delay when I try to press buttons to make selections, the delay is really bad when I'm trying to edit lines.

Message 7 of 8 (344 Views)

Edit Line Errors

★★★ Newbie

select a player for one position but he will show up in a completely different position other than the one I selected him for

Message 8 of 8 (346 Views)