Re: French commentators in nhl game.

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

French commentators in nhl game.

★★★ Newbie
why do not you put French commentators from Quebec in the game? I am a francophone from Quebec and I wish that the French commentators from Quebec appear in the game. But I do not understand why you put it in the FIFA games but not in nhl. Thank you for answering me.
ps: I've been waiting for this since a lot of years.
Message 1 of 6 (4,404 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hello, @MitchSOoS 

I can assure you there was no rude intention with the response. It would be great to have French commentary in the game. Hopefully, it happens someday. It would be a very big undertaking as audio commentary is quite complicated. It's a lot more than just recording the lines.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,912 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@BrandonRodvv

Game commentary for additional languages is a huge undertaking and I do not think it is likely that this will happen for NHL.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (4,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That’s a pretty rude reply by a company that survives on customer loyalty to a very valid question, maybe re-think how you correspond with the people keeping the lights on because even fast food places don’t talk to their customers like that.

French Canadians are surely a large part of your customer base, and you realise this enough to enclude French language goal celebrations and hit emotes in world of chel, including this in your game but not commentaries is ridiculous, this “huge undertaking” is re-recording the same massive 3 phrases you already have the commentators say in English but with the French language commentators, look after your people better.

In the meantime “thankyou for the question, we appreciate your input and value our French Canadian customers, we’ve reviewed the possibility of adding French language commentary to our NHL range and for the moment it isn’t feasible, however we aren’t saying never! Again Thankyou for the input, and we hope to see you in our games for years to come!” Would be a better way of saying the same thing, take notes, have some respect, be better

Message 3 of 6 (3,938 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @MitchSOoS 

I can assure you there was no rude intention with the response. It would be great to have French commentary in the game. Hopefully, it happens someday. It would be a very big undertaking as audio commentary is quite complicated. It's a lot more than just recording the lines.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (3,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Comes off as rude when you copy/paste the same response 

Message 5 of 6 (2,604 Views)

Community Manager

@silverswabath63 

My response wasn't copied and pasted. When you accept a solution, that post is bumped up just under the original post. The accepted solution also stays on the page in the order it was posted. As you can see, they both are #4 which means it's actually one response.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (2,590 Views)