Do you want to see NHL on PC?

by younever_know8

Original Post

Re: Do you want to see NHL on PC?

★★★ Newbie

I Saw this week that Madden NFL 18 was avaliable at the PC and Just bought the Hall Of Fame Edition because i'm so into the game like i am into NHL

I'm from Switzerland and i realy like the american sport like Baseball, Basketball, American Football and Ice Hockey

I played like NHL since the 00 years and played every edition since on PC and like others i'm not gonna buy a console just for one Title.

If EA would release NHL on PC i would buy it ASAP.

Regards Alicador

Message 31 of 43 (5,498 Views)

★★ Novice

As far as I know, official message from EA has been listed - also this year EA willn´t release NHL, NBA and NFL on PC, moreover NHL on console will have the same engine like last year. Also they wrote that PC version will be possible to convert easily if the engine will be transferred to Frostbite.

So, we must wait till the another year, if EA will have oportunity and also appetite for make other sports than Fifa on PC.

It´s dissapoitment also for me, because Im big fan of all sports and also it´s inspiration for small children to start with these sports in real life. Im from Czech Republic and especially NHL game is very popular in this area, because we won some World Championship in hockey and our people fans hockey.

Anyway, Fifa with Frostbite looks nice, it´s fantastic game. Hope that also NHL and NBA will be back in PC version.

Cheers,
Petr

Message 32 of 43 (5,481 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure if its just bad english, which if thats the case, its all good. But you just said that an official message from EA said that they are not releasing a game for NHL, NBA, and NFL this year on PC..  I dont want to burst your bubble but they are releasing Madden and NBA Live for PC this year. In fact I've already purchased Madden(preorder), and about to purchase NBA Live 19. So not sure where you got that information, but I would not trust it for now on if I were you.

As for NHL being released for PC.. God all mighty I wish EA would. I've been waiting for yeaaars, I still have NHL 09 installed.  It shouldn't be too difficult to port over a PC version from the Xbox ONE version, very similar architecture, I have no idea but I would assume they use frostbite for Xbox One titles.

C'mon EA.  Give the community what it wants. More Cowbell! Er I mean NHL on PC!

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Message 33 of 43 (5,331 Views)

★★ Novice

Dear culbear,

as I can see, NBA live 19 will be only for PS4 and Xbox one - you can see here: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/buy/usa

And about Madden - only here there´s some probability - as I can see, there´s origin icon - https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/buy/usa

Unfortunately, our top sports like soccer, hockey and basketball are still far far away. Only soccer is still launched on my computer :-)

Hope that NHL and NBA will be early on PC.

Message 34 of 43 (5,323 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would buy it instantly if it came out on PC. I’ve owned games as late as NHL 99 and up to 2013. I no longer use consoles and have no hockey game to play.

Spoiler
Frown

Message 35 of 43 (4,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

We need to wait to E3 in LA to look if the next NHL (20) be on PC.

I think is us better chance to believe!!!

Message 36 of 43 (4,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Give us NHL on PC NOW! 

Everyone that owns a PC basicly has a Controller. Stop making bas excuses EA! Hate Ea as a company. Your always so short sighted and can never see the big picture. 

Message 37 of 43 (4,613 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

YES!! I am dying to have these titles released to PC. Ever since my Xbox broke I lost certain titles that I loved to play because I transitioned more heavily to PC gaming. I was so happy when Madden 20 came back to PC via Origin and would be ecstatic if they did the same for NHL. SUPPORT THE CAUSE!!!

Message 38 of 43 (4,155 Views)

★★ Novice

I am in this situation. Bought a stupid PS4 just for this one game. Everything else I do on my PC. Crossplay is essential in bringing it over though, because my brother and my cousin solely play this game with me, and don't do PC.

Message 39 of 43 (3,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Absolutely! I am a business traveler and love playing games. The most practical way for me to be able to do so is on my Laptop. If I am on the road for 50% of the year, the last thing I want to do is carry a laptop AND a console. This is even more true with the limited overhead space available on flights.

All you have to do is look at how many people are moving over to PC gaming instead of console. Console was big in the 90's and early 2000's. PC Gaming has been growing reasonably well over the last decade. It make more sense now to have PC games on Steam or other platforms than it has for a long time.

Oh, and I'm not interested in having a console sitting around the house collecting dust either.

Message 40 of 43 (3,374 Views)