Be a pro - Can't play in playoff after round 1 despite winning

by Galroth79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Be a pro - Can't play in playoff after round 1 despite winning

★★ Novice

Product: NHL 19
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've started Be a Pro mode on PS4, got drafted as nr 1 to Buffalo. Season 1: Qualified for playoffs, met Boston Bruins. Game 7, I win the game, but my pro plays a bad game. At HUB after the game, my only option to Continue is: Sim to next season. The team lose the next round, but without my participation. I though perhaps they scratched me because of the bad game. Season 2, same set up, make the playoffs, meet Boston, game 7. This time, I have a great game, get the 1'st star and we win the game. But the same option appears after the game. Sim to next season. The team continues and eventually loses the Stanley Cup final, but I'm not allowed to participate in any more games, despite being the top scorer, playing on the first line.
What happens when the bug occurs? The team plays on without me, despite being the top scorer, playing in the first line. I'm unable to play the remaining part of the season.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be on the team and play for the Stanley Cup
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be a pro
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Galroth79
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

I hope you have a way around this...

Message 1 of 11 (9,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Be a pro - Can't play in playoff after round 1 despite winning

★★ Novice
I found a workaround:
If you go to the calendar and simulate one day at a time, it will after a couple of days add the 7 next matches to the schedule. Then you can go back to the main menu and it will recognize that you are still on the team. I had to do the same for all subsequent playoff rounds as well.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (9,599 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have the same problem. I was drafted by the Hurricanes and have won the first round. After that I could not proceed and was on the bench. Second round was lost by the CPU.

Furthermore, since update 1.20 the first mask of the Carolina Hurricanes is only black. The original design is not visible anymore. In game the mask is also only black.

Cheers

Blackhorus

Message 2 of 11 (9,609 Views)

★★ Novice
I found a workaround:
If you go to the calendar and simulate one day at a time, it will after a couple of days add the 7 next matches to the schedule. Then you can go back to the main menu and it will recognize that you are still on the team. I had to do the same for all subsequent playoff rounds as well.
Message 3 of 11 (9,600 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi Galroth,

The workaround works for me as well. I have now only the issue with the black mask (first mask of Carolina).

Cheers
Blackhorus
Message 4 of 11 (9,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Had same problem but with xBox one
Message 5 of 11 (9,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh wow. I was slow to pick this up after purchase but finally got through a season and this happens. What absolute dog sh*t. How can EA let this happen?! This is why people don't purchase this crap year in year out anymore I'm done. Just wasted an entire season.

Message 6 of 11 (8,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey does this work on XBOX ONE?

Message 7 of 11 (7,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im guessing EA wont fix this. Seems to be the case

Message 8 of 11 (6,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Know this is a few years old now but this work around still works, just sim each day cheers

Message 9 of 11 (5,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

all you have to do is simulate from the last game of the first playoffs to like the 23rd of April and it will simulate and ask you if you want to stop and a second-round will pop up!! Easy fix I figured let's just simulated a week and see what happens and tada it works

Message 10 of 11 (5,347 Views)