Re: Nhl 17 franchise mode crashes in draft...after winning stanley *

by mylkione

Original Post

Re: BAP Entry Draft

★★★ Newbie

As a follow-up:

I updated to the latest version over the weekend and it solved my draft freezing issue in Franchise Mode.

It looks like Ryan Mantha was moved from the being Draft eligible to Free Agency. The draft did not freeze and I was able to get through the draft without it freezing.

To be clear, I did not have to start a new Franchise Mode. This latest update allowed me to continue with my existing Franchise game, so a big shout out to whoever at EA saw this thread and was able to resolve this specific issue.

I'm not sure if this also resolved the freezing for BAP, but for the draft in Franchise mode, it worked for me.

Message 51 of 58 (4,359 Views)

Community Manager

@CalvinAccount

Thanks for posting.

barry.png
Message 52 of 58 (4,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is a roster issue. There are only so many spots your team can have for players. The [Edit - Admin.] who work this game have failed to install a safety catch that limits or warns you of this. You need to dump your 7-5 round draft picks, sign or dump unsigned players and generally trim your roster BEFORE the draft. This will fix the issue. EA owes me.

Message 53 of 58 (4,314 Views)

★★ Novice
This is a roster spacing issue. Advise players to trim roster BEFORE draft and trade their 5-7 picks or otherwise trim draft picks.
Message 54 of 58 (4,313 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nhl 17 franchise mode crashes in draft...after winning stanley *

★★ Novice
Trim your roster, unsigned players and draft picks down BEFORE draft...Will fix
Message 55 of 58 (4,313 Views)

★★ Novice
Trim your roster BEFORE the draft...

And DO NOT FORGET TO TRADE OFF YOUR 5-7 ROUND PICKS!

FOR SOME INSANE REASON THE LATE ROUND PICKS CAUSE OR INDIRECTLY CAUSE THE CRASH

EA ONLY NEEDS TO CODE IN A ROSTER LIMITATION DEVICE THAT WARNS YOU OR PREVENTS A USER OF EXCEEDING TOO MANY PLAYERS...THERE IS A TOO MANY UNSIGNED PLAYERS WARNING BUT NOT BEFORE OR DURING A DRAFT.

THE ISSUE SEEMINGLY COMES DOWN TO TOO MANY PLYERS ON YOUR TEAM, UNSIGNED OR SIGNED TOGETHER WITH HOW MANY PICKS YOU HAVE.
Message 56 of 58 (19,007 Views)

★ Novice

Tried it, Doesn't work. Still crashes at or just after draft but still will not let me start re-sign phase.

Message 57 of 58 (4,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm in NHL 18 and I can't aim to draft day! Like wtf I want a fix and it says (solved) which means you solved the problem... but you didn't, which is seriously messed up, didn't pay $65 to play 1 season and can't draft
Message 58 of 58 (4,026 Views)