BAP Entry Draft Crash

by TGH37

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BAP Entry Draft

★★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Started a goalie in Memorial Cup. Lost all 3 games. Went to draft and it crashes back to Xbox home screen. Can't start draft or sim draft.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start BAP Memorial Cup, create Goalie, lose all 3 games, start draft, watch crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game closes out to home screen.
What do you expect to see? The NHL Selection Draft.

N/A
Message 1 of 58 (16,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BAP Entry Draft

★★ Novice
Trim your roster BEFORE the draft...

And DO NOT FORGET TO TRADE OFF YOUR 5-7 ROUND PICKS!

FOR SOME INSANE REASON THE LATE ROUND PICKS CAUSE OR INDIRECTLY CAUSE THE CRASH

EA ONLY NEEDS TO CODE IN A ROSTER LIMITATION DEVICE THAT WARNS YOU OR PREVENTS A USER OF EXCEEDING TOO MANY PLAYERS...THERE IS A TOO MANY UNSIGNED PLAYERS WARNING BUT NOT BEFORE OR DURING A DRAFT.

THE ISSUE SEEMINGLY COMES DOWN TO TOO MANY PLYERS ON YOUR TEAM, UNSIGNED OR SIGNED TOGETHER WITH HOW MANY PICKS YOU HAVE.

View in thread

Message 56 of 58 (19,014 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Happens to me on PS4 in GM Mode when I enter the draft as well. Can't even sim past the draft

Message 2 of 58 (16,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm seeing the exact same thing occurring with my PS4 BaP D-Man.. Went through the OHL Playoffs and the Memorial Cup and as soon as we hit

the NHL Entry Draft, the game crashes to the Home Screen. 

This occurs across every saved game I have (and there's several) regardless if we proceed past the OHL Playoffs or not. 

It also occurs regardless if we either use the 'Enter NHL Draft' button or just sim straight through to it. As soon as the calendar

hits Draft Day, the game crashes. 

Looking at different forums and Reddit, it would appear this is happening across both XBox One and the PS4 and in BaP and Franchise

Mode as well. 

Message 3 of 58 (16,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe the new update V 1.02 has caused this issue, 'cause I didn't have this issue before V 1.02.  It may have something to do with the regeneration of Fight Level reformatting that was used in V 1.02 to fix the No Fights occurring after the first completed season in BAP.

Message 4 of 58 (16,386 Views)

Re: Entry draft crash

★★★ Newbie

Well its January 21 and there still isn't a fix. Just brought the Devils to Quebec to bring back the Nordiques and can't get past the draft no matter what I do, pisses me off EA.

Message 5 of 58 (16,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

Message 6 of 58 (16,322 Views)

BAP Entry Draft Crash

★★★ Newbie

I played through an entire season in CHL up to the entry draft. When I attempt to start draft the game closes back to the Xbox one home screen. 

This was not a problem prior to the latest patch/update. Is there a fix or a way to uninstall patch/revert to previous version of the game?

Message 7 of 58 (16,294 Views)

BAP Entry Draft Crash - New As of January 19th Patch

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug I played through an entire season in CHL up to the entry draft. When I attempt to start draft the screen turns black, game closes and reverts back to the Xbox one home screen. This was not a problem prior to the latest patch/update. Is there a fix or a way to uninstall patch/revert to previous version of the game?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a BAP player. Play through CHL season including playoffs and start entry draft (manually or by attempting to sim past it).
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen goes black and game shuts down to xbox home screen.
What do you expect to see? Either a fix or a way to uninstall patch/revert back to previous version of game when this was not an issue.

Please fix this bug...very frustrating!

Message 8 of 58 (16,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@TGH37

Game updates cannot be reverted.

Let me try to find some info on this issue for you guys, I will reply here with any updates.

barry.png
Message 9 of 58 (16,286 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue for me, crash at the draft 100% of the time.

Just goes to show, if it isn't HUT, EA won't bother testing it. Would have taken 5 minutes (due to load times only) to test if any of the other modes were broken by the update. 

Message 10 of 58 (16,255 Views)