Re: NBA Live 19 Create A Player Issue

by Clueminati_017

Original Post

NBA Live 19 Create A Player Issue

★★★ Newbie

Since NBA Live 20 has not came out, I decided to update the rosters. I created all the rookies. And a screen popped up saying if you create more than 8 players and put them on all the same team, the faces will reset. Somehow, there are less then 5 players on each team. And that glitch still happened. EA please fix this issue. It is ruining the game.

Message 1 of 13 (12,470 Views)

Community Manager
@ColtsPacersIndy

Thank you for reporting this and sorry to hear what happened. We'll keep this tracked down as a bug report, however the team has shifted to focus on the future of the NBA LIVE franchise so to set proper expectations I am not sure if there will be any immediate fix for this in the near future.

Do you know if you created more than 3 players in the past for that roster and they were on the bench?
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 13 (12,397 Views)

★★ Novice
@ColtsPacersIndy I have the same problem create players even just 2 per team in the game they look like white skinheads....very frustrating....have you found out how to prevent this?
Message 3 of 13 (12,206 Views)

★★ Novice

Has there been a solution for the create a player glitch yet?

Message 4 of 13 (12,205 Views)

Created players revert to generic models

★★ Novice

Ok so on Xbox the create a player issue is that the game ALWAYS revert the player back to a default bald headed guy and always says something like a generic model of a player may result of more than 8 created players are on the same team..this really shouldn’t be an issue because honestly we just want to be able to create rookies and put them on their respective teams..please please fix the issue with created players reverting back to default models on nba live 19...this really shouldn’t be an issue nor should it have gotten overlooked by the producers and staff at EA...

Message 5 of 13 (12,050 Views)

★★ Novice
@NightThrasher929 Same issue fam I just wrote them about it..I hope they resolve it..never should’ve been an issue to begin with
Message 6 of 13 (12,045 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks man let me know if you hear anything? I still can't go to 2k too loyal too fond of NBA Live. Sucks we know they won't produce Live 22 but least tell us something? They treating us long-term fans wrong. I don't mind waiting for next game but least tell us something about the glitch on NBA Live 19. ...smh

Message 7 of 13 (12,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@NightThrasher929The issue that may be hitting the setback is development, and you have to look at how much the NBA is now solely invested with 2K, which the NBA will have to redevelop their trust with EA. Then you have to look at the conversion of people that are CurrentGen versus NextGen users, and have the lingering question on if they need to make CurrentGen games until the CurrentGen is no longer in service?

This is only my opinion, and this does not include the pandemic, the NBPA, the player's rights to be used as a LUT Alaa MJ, Barkley, Miller, Jabbar, and others. I say this where if EA decided to bring back the basketball community? They would have to bring it for every game whether if it is NBA LIVE, NCAA Basketball, or NBA Street series because you can't just be a failing brand having users demand EA come back with another LIVE / Elite.

As for the CAP on this game? I need EA to go in-depth when it comes to playstyle, accessories, look, and even having an EA Locker for the user to store and share their CAP for others to build or download in the game. The CAP system worked exceptionally well with the CAB system for Fight Night when it came to having more player development on how Wilfredo Gomez supposed based on the CAB creation. Finally, you got to have EA Locker to this to show your roster depth, sliders, and CAPs that are needed for people to keep the game going. I do not know why EA Locker was abolished unless it was tied into the whole NCAA situation, but that system itself for all sports games needs to come back.

Message 8 of 13 (11,489 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Clueminati makes sense....so it probably take a lot for EA to make a good NBA Live game. Bro I've been down with NBA Live since Lakers vs Celtics...they need to get it together 

Message 9 of 13 (11,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@NightThrasher929, great to hear that you too are an old school Electronic Arts Sports fan (before shortening it to "EA Sports"), which we both remember EASN Halftime Show from the old Lakers vs. Celtics; Bulls vs. Lakers; and Bulls vs. Blazers series before the making of NBA Showdown and USA Basketball, and before the series of NBA LIVE.

I can recall many legendary posters in the NBA LIVE Forums like GrnDynsty and others that follow like ExceededJake, BestKeptSecret13, and others. I mention GrnDynsty where he never got the respect when it was properly due during the EA Forums where a moderator that was working alongside me was taking his posts down about the CAPs. Which GrnDynsty posted a letter about why he quit doing CAPs and player editing where he felt EA thought he was violating player likenesses in the game. Truthfully? We can agree to a small extent where his creativity made the game fun although it treaded the lines of likeability when it comes to high school phenoms at the time like Dejuan Wagner; AND1 / Da Notic / YBA street ballers; and playground legends like Joe "The Destroyer" Hammond and legendary Harlem Globetrotter the late and legendary Meadowlark Lemon. Grn and his partner made over 600 CAPs for the game for people to try out. Those CAPs are still around the forums of NLSC, IGN, Operations Sports, a blog post, and probably in the EA recycled forums (The Simpson: Tap Out) with my old posts of The Minati Report and The Minati Journal where I talk about the Community Day Events for the Basketball Community along with my journeys.

That's why I stick around saying I wish there was an EA Locker for those because the series was much more fun when you play a defaulted team full of CAP players in All-Star Mode, especially where the rating of those players made it more challenging.

Message 10 of 13 (9,813 Views)