Alway crashing five minutes

by sekousb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Alway crashing five minutes

★★★ Newbie

So I decided to download NBA Live 19 on my  Xbox with ea play a month ago. I also have the disc. The game always seems to crash when it’s updating on the menu screen. Then I lunch it again everything is fine but it seem to crash every five minutes and I don’t what to do I’ve already tried to report a bug that did not work and I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps on Xbox. Is anyone also having the same problem.

Message 1 of 33 (12,850 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Alway crashing five minutes

Community Manager

Hi, @sekousb 

Sorry to hear about the crashing! First, let's start with the basics. Have you tried a power cycle before launching the game again or re-installed the game from your library?

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 33 (12,783 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, @sekousb 

Sorry to hear about the crashing! First, let's start with the basics. Have you tried a power cycle before launching the game again or re-installed the game from your library?

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 33 (12,784 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually have the same issue. I've tried installing on my external and internal hard drive on both my Series X and One X. I can start the game but after about 4-5 minutes the game stopes and I'm kicked back to the Xbox home screen. This is extremely frustrating. I was able to play before with no issues. Do you think the recent update corrupted some file on my xbox? Another thing, I've also deleted my save files for both systems as well.

Message 3 of 33 (12,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Omg same and no one seems to know what’s going on. 

Message 4 of 33 (12,681 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @freco1123  @knesmomax 

Do you both have any devices plugged into the Xbox consoles? Anything at all like controller charges, external hard drives, etc.?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 33 (12,668 Views)

★★ Novice

I do have an external hard drive plugged into my Series X but it's always been plugged in. Why would that cause an issue? I'm hoping you can help with this because I really can't stand 2K and Live is my only bball option.

Message 6 of 33 (12,661 Views)

Community Manager

@knesmomax 

First check to see if you have files located on both drives. I've seen it where a game is installed on the internal but updates for the game went to the external (there is an Xbox setting for your game on where to designate post-installation updates, make sure it's the same drive). If data is on both drives, it's pulling resources from both which can result in performance issues.

I've seen an issue in UFC 4 where the game wouldn't work properly on an external drive but worked fine on the PlayStation drive. Not all games may be compatible with all sorts of hard drives because when they're created, they're designed for certain pieces of hardware. Just having the external drive plugged in or other random devices can cause strange issues. For a previous FIFA game, having a guitar hero dongle plugged in caused players to freeze at the menu.

What I recommend doing is deleting any files for the game you have on the external, unplug it, then check the internal to uninstall the game files. Then, install the game from scratch on the internal with no other devices plugged into the console. Going to a fresh re-install on the basic internal drive is a good step to see if we can narrow down the issue. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 33 (12,659 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, I'll try that and let you know how it goes. I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you.

Message 8 of 33 (12,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry  Ok did everything you mentioned and it still crashed. I'm beginning to think the game is just broken and EA is not concerned about it so I'm stuck. Man, this is so aggravating! �

Message 9 of 33 (12,638 Views)

Community Manager

@knesmomax 

Do you have the disc for the game and an EA Play membership? Curious if you've tried installing it from both the EA Play app and disc to see if either options works. 

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 33 (12,630 Views)