weapon mods bug

by kyuros

Original Post

weapon mods bug

★★★ Novice

hi, i have a problem in the mission priority: Mars. when i get the weapon mods, the pop-up in the right angle on the screen doesn't appear and i can't modify my weapon. is there a solution for this or there will be a patch to fix this problem? when?

thanks

Message 1 of 48 (14,120 Views)

Re: weapon mods bug

★★★ Novice

i paid 30 euros for this game and i'm still waiting for an answer to my question!!!!!

Message 2 of 48 (13,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is a bug. It appeared after the 1.03 patch.  Neither 1.04 nor 1.05 fixed this bug. I don't know how many other weapon modsa are effected from this bug.

Actually I'm surprised people are not complaining about this bug. I guess they are either not aware or it only happens if you own all or most of the dlcs. People should be clicking "I have this bug too" button to make it known.

I guess fixing this bug would take 5 minutes of the programmer. It's probably that they are not aware of this bug.

From what I read, this bug makes it impossible to upgrade certain mods and I'm not playing the game becaue of this bug.

Can anyone tell us whether this is going to be fixed or not?

Message 3 of 48 (13,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I confirm this one, not only for priority: Mars. I tested with different careers, based on an imported ME1/2-Shepard. I stopped playing when reaching Grissom Academy, as it's a terrible fun-stopper. The bug appears to happen randomly, and it seems to be related to saving and reloading games (I was able to take every mod on priority Mars. After I died and reloaded, I didn't get the SMG-mods). The animation plays, no notification and no item received. Weapon benches show no modify-button after reloading or taking-but-not-getting the mods affected by the bug. The ones you pick up in that manner also don't appear on shops lateron as the game seems to know you should have those items. I play on PC and own all DLC except for Leviathan and Omega, if that's of any relevance. 

All other item-pickups (armor-pieces, weapons, ammo, datapads etc.) work fine. It's only the weapon-mods.

I'd love to see this bug fixed, cheers.

Message 4 of 48 (13,887 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup, as stated it's a known bug, but Bioware doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.

Message 5 of 48 (13,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So in this site people keep speaking about bugs all by themselves? Standard smile I thought this site was about solving problems.

Would we get official replies on this site?

Please click "me too" on first post so that someone becomes aware of this bug.

Message 6 of 48 (13,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Why isn't anyone replying to this thread to clear this up? I keep wondering whether this bug is going to be fixed.  I'm not playing because of this bug. If I knew that it's never going to be fixed, at least I can play knowing it and finally finish the trilogy without having weapon mods.

Message 7 of 48 (13,850 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the issue before and I found a fix for it. It appears that for whatever reason, some of the files either got corrupted or went missing. In the Origin window, move your cursor over Mass Effect 3 and right click it. Select the "Repair Install" option. This should fix it. The first time I had to do it twice but then it was fine after that.

Message 8 of 48 (13,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm suprised to see that this particular bug has YET to be fixed.  I experienced the problem back in August, shared it on Bioware forums (before this Answer HQ became the supposed "solution" for these type of problems), and still nothing.  Anways, here was my situation on the PS3, and I hope that enough players will report this problem so that we can find a remedy before Bioware decides to dedicate all their time and energy on ME4:

"I've encountered a similar problem. However, I noticed that it has only hindered me in obtaining the AR Extended Barrel, the Shotgun Spare Ammo and Blade Attachment, and the Pistol High-Caliber Barrel and Scope. Now on my third play-through, these are the only weapon mods that have remained at lvl 2 (I could only buy them); all others are at lvl 5. My Shepard scans the aforementioned mod with his omni-tool, but it doesn't seem to register (the pop up in the corner doesn't appear), nor will it be at the weapon's bench.
I find it odd that this particular bug (for me, at least) only affects these 5 mods. Even more so, however, when I watch my girlfriend play through the game and she picks up each mod with no problem whatsoever. It's maddening!

ALSO, I've tried saving/ reloading before picking up these particular mods with no success. Madness continues..."

I have yet to attempt another ME3 playthrough, as I fear this bug will just agravate me again.  So until a solution arises, be it the community here somehow finding a remedy, or bioware finally acknowledging this bug and fixing it, I'll be busy with multiple ME1 and ME2 playthroughs, waiting for the day to transfer my data and enjoy ME3's single player.

Message 9 of 48 (13,835 Views)

★★ Apprentice

rodimusprimus:  That was the first thing I tried and no it doesn't work because there are no corrupt files for the game itself or any of the dlcs that are installed. This bug still exists and I don't know what causes it. I imported my ME2 character which was imported from ME1.

Message 10 of 48 (13,816 Views)