Re: new install of ME3 - unable to load saves/career

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

new install of ME3 - unable to load saves/career

★ Guide

recently lost my new (< 3 years old) SSD. luckily, i'd made a backup of my heavily-modded game, and the career i was in the middle of playing (and filming for Youtube).

once i got my computer back, i re-downloded the entire game from Origin and switched in my saved image. the game started up fine. i tried simply using my old career file (also saved) and it showed up as an option to load, but the game _crashes to the desktop_ every time i try to load it.

following some other tips, i created a new character/career (OMG THAT OPENING SEQUENCE TAKES FOREVER). i have mods that change the outfits of the characters during the intro (EGM and one for Femshep) and BOTH FUNCTIONED PERFECTLY during this new career/character. i saved the game, then copied over my most recent save file into THAT career... and the game still crashes.

am i missing a file? i copied over Binaries, everything. before you tell me my Save file must be corrupt, i shared this save with a fellow Youtuber via Discord (which is how i got it back!) and it loaded absolutely fine for him.

i'm stumped. any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (898 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

thank you! i finally got it working on my own, after tinkering with my hair mod. my only issue now is that the Journal (mission log and unlockables) appear screwed up, but i havn't tried any fixes yet. i was too relieved to get the game semi-functional. but i'll keep that file name in mind if i have another problem!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (829 Views)

All Replies

@sirhcwarrior 

Plese create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (849 Views)

★ Guide

thank you! i finally got it working on my own, after tinkering with my hair mod. my only issue now is that the Journal (mission log and unlockables) appear screwed up, but i havn't tried any fixes yet. i was too relieved to get the game semi-functional. but i'll keep that file name in mind if i have another problem!

Message 3 of 4 (830 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! @sirhcwarrior

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (708 Views)