developer console ME2

by AnotherScribbler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

developer console ME2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

In Origin, if you go into your games library right click on Mass Effect 2 -> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options

In the space below "Command line argument", Does anyone know the command needed to unlock the Developer Console?

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Message 1 of 9 (20,820 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlock Developer Console

@AnotherScribbler

There is no simple command line argument to enable the developer console for ME2.

The only way to do it is described on the ME2 Wiki page.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (24,663 Views)

All Replies

@AnotherScribbler

There is no simple command line argument to enable the developer console for ME2.

The only way to do it is described on the ME2 Wiki page.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 9 (24,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I appreciate the response however, with the origin version of ME2 the unlock instructions on the wikia do not work.  

1. Even with the PCCPatcher the only way I was able to access the Dev console was with an additional Command in Origin itself.   When EA "updated" (*cough *cough downgraded) the Origin Launcher to the newer version they reset everything I had tweaked, so I lost the command.

2. Every time I click the link for the manual instructions it sends me to a forum that doesn't contain the info needed.

3. Problem 3 every search engine everywhere thinks ME2 = ME  lol

So I figured I'd try my luck here.

Thanks anyways

Message 3 of 9 (20,781 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AnotherScribbler

That is strange, on my Origin version the console works.

Did you tried the "TAB" key? If you're on a non US keyboard the "Tilde" key will not work for the console.

The "Tab" key console will be only a one line console at the bottom of the game.

Message 4 of 9 (20,771 Views)

Re: developer console ME2

@AnotherScribbler

There is no reason to delete the thread, it will help people who have the same question.

Message 5 of 9 (18,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Like you said, the command line prompt I believed was the problem had nothing to do with the issue, I ended up having to reinstall, after that the PCCPatcher did end up working.  Newb mistakes, yay.

I thought that because of the mistake I made this thread could be more confusing to people having a similar issue and that other places addressed the problem better.  However, if you think this thread could be valuable I'll leave it be.

Message 6 of 9 (18,682 Views)

@AnotherScribbler

@AnotherScribbler wrote:

I thought that because of the mistake I made this thread could be more confusing to people having a similar issue and that other places addressed the problem better.  However, if you think this thread could be valuable I'll leave it be.

Thanks for the additional information, that makes the thread even more valuable as it was before.

In my experience, never only one person has a specific problem. So yes, the thread can help others. 

Message 7 of 9 (18,654 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sure wish can use the console, keep getting killed + running out of ammo on Ceberus Station just before the docking bay. Both normal and casual game settings. That am about to give up and uninstall. 

As for editing files, maybe for a normal person who has the know-how to do something like. Myself am disable, do not have the know-how to do something like editing those files, nor am going to install third party software/trainers that may or may not contain malware. Not taking that chance. 

~ or TAB key does not work to access the console. 

Used Windows 10. 

Game runs fine on windows 10, just keep getting dead all the time. NOT FUN

Wish Bioware allow use of Console, this is a Singleplayer Game? Not a ONLINE Multiplayer Game?

Message 8 of 9 (3,831 Views)

@Aetheogh 

The way to enable the console is described here.

Message 9 of 9 (3,813 Views)