[PC] Mass Effect Won't Start - A New Solution

by max_exter

Original Post

Re: [PC] Mass Effect Won't Start - A New Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Oh, my bad. I just misread that part and got a little confused when it patched the game and still nothing happened from the original .exe. I just tried again and now I got to the invalid serial key part. Confusedmileyhappy:

Edit: YES! It worked! You're my hero! Confusedmileyvery-happy: But it's still ridiculous how much we have to do to get this game to work..

Message 21 of 166 (5,255 Views)

★★ Novice

is it normal that the game config shows that its already on 1.02 version ?

I would like to try that long solution that invalidates my serial number but I am interested to know why we should patch it to 1.02 if its already done by Origin.

Message 22 of 166 (5,242 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It is normal, yes.  I've just today been in touch with someone at Origin / EA, and they're looking into it.  In the mean time, my solution is the only one that works, annoying though it is.

Message 23 of 166 (5,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to log in and say thanks. I was seriously getting ticked that I couldnt get the game going. Live Chat was somewhat helpful, they ended up getting me a new serial, but adding a second Mass Effect to Origin, which needed to be downloaded. Needless to say, I would have had to go through this whole ordeal again, lol, but I tried the new serial in the old download that was patched, and it worked. I was worried it wouldnt, because support made me register it online, but it was successful.

Message 24 of 166 (5,229 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks Maxexter. Tried everything but your solution worked.

Much appreciated. I told the support to let the devs know, maybe they can permanetly fix this.

Message 25 of 166 (5,220 Views)

Community Manager

The BioWare and Origin teams are looking into this. I'll let you know when I get an update from them.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 26 of 166 (5,215 Views)

★ Novice

Hey all, I'm french and i want to know if that fix can work for my game. Because activation code may be different here or something, don't you think?

Message 27 of 166 (5,207 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I doubt that the technology behind the code itself is different.  If you're having the same symptoms, give it a shot.  Worst case scenario it doesn't work.  (Though perhaps I lack imagination in this regard)

Message 28 of 166 (5,197 Views)

★ Novice

Ok ! I'll try later, we'll see if it's works Standard smile

Message 29 of 166 (5,196 Views)

★ Novice

I do all what you said and now my game work ! Nice job, and thanks a lot for your fix ! You're my hero ! Now i can play for hours ahah 

Message 30 of 166 (5,167 Views)