[PC] – Mass Effect 3 multiplayer suddenly crashes

by djravager

Original Post

[PC] – Mass Effect 3 multiplayer suddenly crashes

★★★ Newbie

I had no issues with the game until the latest Origin update. Now it crashes randomly with no warning. I play multiplayer and everything reacts well - the enemies, my character, no lag at all. Literally no problem. Then after a few rounds, the game freezes up and almost immediately crashes to desktop without showing any errors. I can even start the game right away as if nothing happened.  

So far, I did the following:

- restarted my PC

- checked NVIDIA Geforce Experience, just in case. No problems there, everything's up to date and optimized

- checked the internet connection (though I doubt it could cause this type of problem)

- repaired the game files through Origin

It's honestly really frustrating, so any help at all will be deeply appreciated.

DxDiag included, hopefully it will be useful.

Message 1 of 6 (958 Views)

Re: [PC] – Mass Effect 3 multiplayer suddenly crashes

@djravager 

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • In the new Window, type or copy and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) > Press ENTER
  • Look if there are any "MassEffect3.exe.Xxxx.dmp" or "MassEffectLauncher.exeXxxx.dmp" files in the "..Local\CrashDumps" folder.
  • Zip 2 - 3 "MassEffect3.exe.Xxxx.dmp" files together and upload them at a free file hosting service like Dropbox or Onedrive.
  • Post the link here.

If there aren't any dump files of ME:

• Press the Windows key > Write: Command Prompt > Right click on "Command Prompt" in the search results > Run as administrator.
  • Copy and paste reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD into the prompt Window > Press ENTER.
  • Play the game until it crashes.
  • After the game crashes, let all Windows crash dialogues finish.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time. > Type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" (Without the quotation marks) into the new window > Press ENTER.
  • Zip 2 - 3 "MassEffect3.exe.Xxxx.dmp" files together and upload them at free file hosting service like Dropbox.
  • Post the link here.

If you want to undo the automatic dump creation, use the command below in a elevated command prompt (As in point 1) reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 3 of 6 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]

@djravager 

That looks like a HWinfo log file, but even that is in the wrong format.
I would need a dump (extension "dmp") file.

Ok, now it is up. 👍

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 6 (896 Views)

@djravager 

It is a "NULL_CLASS_PTR_READ_c0000005" access violation.

Meaning that "MassEffect3.exe" tries to read from an memory address that is in a restricted Memory space. That is an access violation and the program (Me3) is terminated because of it.

The problem here is that this can have many causes.

Because you said it happens since Origin updated I would suggest this:

Look at this guide. to preform a clean uninstall of Origin.

• Scroll down to "How to uninstall the Origin client the hard way"
  • Follow the instructions to the letter. 
  • Reboot.
  • Download this version of the "OriginSetup.exe" (Its the original Origin installer [Full].)
  • Run the installer as Administrator (Right click the "OriginSetup.exe" > Run as an Administrator)
  • Reboot
  • Test.

Message 5 of 6 (882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finally had the time to test it out and unfortunately, the problem persists. I followed the guide, reinstalled Origin, and the game still decided to crash during a third match.

There's a new dmp file tho -

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AubcFjSo1Cu4iHX385s4RL3gjfE5?e=flfXe5

Message 6 of 6 (677 Views)