[PC] Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC on EA App (EA Play through Xbox Gamepass)

by Rend_Valor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC on EA App (EA Play through Xbox Gamepass)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Is there a way to get the MP DLC on the EA app? I know they're available on Origin, but Origin does not recognize the EA Play access through Gamepass, so that is not an option.

Follow up question: when can we expect them to fix Origin so that it recognizes EA Play access through Gamepass?

Message 1 of 9 (3,675 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC on EA App (EA Play through Xbox Gamepass)

★★★ Novice

Nevermind, I went ahead and installed Origin and to my surprise, it will still let you download the MP DLCs even if it doesn't recognize you as having EA Play 

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (3,618 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PC] Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC on EA App (EA Play through Xbox Gamepass)

★★★ Guide

Unfortunately, no easy workaround to this.  Known issue, EA/Origin/Bioware are ignoring it.  So don't expect it to get addressed.

Here's link to other posts on this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/EA-Desktop-No-ME3-DLC/m-p/10576920#M575

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Mass-Effect-Games/Mass-Effect-3-EA-App-issues/m-p/11423028#M49182

Repeating what I wrote there:

I am able to play ME3 MP on EA Desktop since I already have the DLC installed from an alt-account through Origin.

So if you can find the DLC, you can install in the proper folder (see links above), and it should be recognized by  EA desktop and Gamepass.

What should be done:

EA should make them freely available and link on this page.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/

for chrisakes, that's what they set up that page for!

Your options:

1) "Find" the DLC

2) Buy on Origin, install the DLC, then immediately try to get a refund on your purchase (no guarantees!)

Message 2 of 9 (3,642 Views)

★★★ Novice

Where would I "find" these DLC files? Is there like a google drive or something I can download them from? Would you mind uploading yours if it isn't too much to ask?

Message 3 of 9 (3,628 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nevermind, I went ahead and installed Origin and to my surprise, it will still let you download the MP DLCs even if it doesn't recognize you as having EA Play 

Message 4 of 9 (3,619 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Rend_Valor wrote:

That is a key point and I'll remember to link to other people running into this problem!  So, correct me if I'm wrong, the solution is simple:

1) Log onto Origin (NOT EA Desktop app)

2) Key step: Download the free 5 MP DLC.  You do this from the game page, "extra content", even though Origin doesn't recognize your EA Pass, so cannot play it on Origin.

3) Exit Origin, and go and play your Game Pass version it through the EA Desktop app

If that indeed is what you did, we have a viable, and simple workaround!

Message 5 of 9 (3,570 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, that is indeed what I did. Origin will surprisingly still let you download the 5 free MP DLCs even if it doesn't recognize your EA pass

Message 6 of 9 (3,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@DoctorDAMWhere is the "Extra content" section on Origin? Attempting these steps and the only sections on the game page are:
Overview
Description
System Requirements
Related Products
- Related Products only offers the DLC bundle for purchase.

Edit: If the "Extra content' section is under on the game page in "my game library" I don't have the page for ME3 as origin does not recognize my access because its through the new EA app. 

Message 7 of 9 (3,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Peacakj 

Hmmm, you may be right.  I have the game, but I also have an alt-account which I swear I checked this on.  But rechecking it now...

I see the same options you have if I just select the game (for example, from selecting from a game search for "Mass Effect 3"), however...

Yes, I do have it in "my game library" [This was from a one-month EA Play trial].  And from there, the "extra content" is available.

So yeah, maybe you don't have this.  Sorry Frown

Message 8 of 9 (3,049 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Peacakj 

Revisting this since it looks like EA App will officially replace Origin later this year.

Were you ever able to access the DLC?  It may be that you checked the incorrect version of ME3 on Origin.  I see two:

Mass Effect 3 N7 Digital Deluxe Edition (2012)

Mass Effect 3 (2012)

On my alt-al-account, I see the "Extra content" on the former, not the latter (I think EA Pass gives you the former)

Message 9 of 9 (2,155 Views)