Betreff: N7 HQ - Account needs updating

by DoctorDAM

Original Post

N7 HQ - Account needs updating

★★★ Newbie

I reached out to EA Support and they told me they had no idea what was wrong and to post here. I'm on PC, playing ME3 Digital Deluxe Edition. I'm trying to use N7 HQ to raise my Galaxy At War readiness rating. When try to open the N7 HQ, it says "Your EA Account needs to be updated." and provides me with a link where I can re-sync my account. When I do this, it gives me no solution. 

Message 1 of 20 (5,238 Views)

@skittleskirt 

Is that the N7HQ website the link takes you?

You did re-sync the account?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 20 (5,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I click the re-sync link, it brings me back to the homepage for N7 HQ, and then when I click "Get Started" again, it then says that I need to re-sync my account. 

Message 3 of 20 (5,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

First, I don't know the solution to your problem.  N7HQ is notoriously flaky with newer accounts.  I've had sync'ing issues with a few of them.  At one time ,after months, it seemed to fix itself.

One thing you may try (besides all the cache clearing, etc. that Holger1405 can walk you through way better than I) is to try a multiplayer game, and see it fixes itself.  Don't want to get your hopes up.

If you can't get it solved, and are still intent on raising your N7HQ, I strongly encourage you to give the multiplayer a try, it is actually amazingly good and fun!  And you will be at 100% N7HQ in almost no time.  Be warned: it slowly drops with time (whether via MP or Galaxy At War)

Message 4 of 20 (5,156 Views)

@skittleskirt 

Did you restarted your router?

Did you tried another Browser? (If you are on Windows 10 try the internet explorer.)

Can you log in to https://www.ea.com ?

In the end, only support can help with account problems, so I would suggest to contact them again, you might get a support rep with more experience this time. 

You also could try EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 20 (5,127 Views)

Re: N7 HQ - Account needs updating

★ Novice

I'm pretty sure this is just a problem with the N7HQ service, I have the same issue where clicking re-sync just brings you back to the main page and you're just stuck.

I simply want to put a banner/title on my multiplayer profile, but it appears that's either not possible or something is broken. It wouldn't really surprise me if the system isn't functioning at capacity, ME3 and its assets are aged and probably not maintained. 

If anyone does have a solution to get things synced up, I'd be happy to hear it, been playing on Origin and when I am on the N7HQ Site it does have my correct origin linked, so not sure why it wants resyncing. 

Message 6 of 20 (5,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ggManatee wrote:

I simply want to put a banner/title on my multiplayer profile, but it appears that's either not possible or something is broken.

FYI, you can do that in-game from the challenges menu.  The only advantage to (formerly) doing it in N7HQ is that it gives you access to the added alternate banners.  But these are all broken in-game anyway (you'll see a rainbow-like pattern), so no loss (that we all don't experience).

Message 7 of 20 (5,093 Views)

n7hq.masseffect.com account re-sync problems

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to "Manage my account" on the n7hq.masseffect.com site. I get the message "Your EA Account needs to be updated. Re-sync your online profile(s) to fix this problem"  I click on the link and it brings me back to the main page and will not re-sync.  

It shows my profile on the My Account but will not link. 

Please Advise.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 20 (4,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm currently having the same issue. I can clearly see that the accounts are linked as both Origin is linked and ps3 is the same. I'm hoping it will fix itself. Is there any other known way to fix or is it simply just waiting for it to do so? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 20 (4,850 Views)

N7HQ

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just started Mass Effect 3 on PS3 on my sibling's account. (They wanted trophies) Anyway, I can't seem to get N7HQ to read that I made an online profile. I can get on multiplayer just fine and I have played one round, but N7HQ isn't registering it. So I'm not really sure what's going on, but with my account, I was able to do so. I don't particularly like playing multiplayer so I was hoping to use their Galaxy At War. I even tried to email EA and they said it was PlayStation's fault, but that's not where my problem lies. I tried to re-sync too. Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 10 of 20 (4,523 Views)