Re: Missing binkw32.dll and then missing nxcooking.dll

by Gumniana

Original Post

Missing binkw32.dll and then missing nxcooking.dll

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I know there have been several topics about this type of problem but I tried everything I found and still has it even after uninstall/install the game.

I play ME1 on Steam, with Windows 10, on a MSI GF62 7RE-2829XFR that I bought recently.

I had a MSVCR100.dll missing file at the start of the game, but I solved it easily with a visual studio new set up.
There were no problem after this one, but when I tried to launch the game today, I had a "missing binkw32.dll error message".

I downloaded the dll and put it in all folders required : Windows/System32, in the MassEffect/Binaries and the MassEffect base folder. But nothing.

I found on a topic that execute the "runme" file in the game folder as an admin may fix the problem.
It kind of did but now when I want to launch the game, I have a message about a "nxcooking.dll" missing dll

I followed the same process about download the missing dll on the Web and paste it in differents required folders, but I still have this error message.
I read on forums that "repair registry" with CCleaner could help, but it didn't.

Do you have suggestions ?

Thanks a lot for your help Standard smile

Message 1 of 8 (2,059 Views)

Community Manager

@Gumniana

Can you right click on the game tile in Origin and then Repair?

Let us know if this fixes those DLL files, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For ME1 I use Steam, only my ME3 game is on Origin

Message 3 of 8 (2,026 Views)

Community Manager

@Gumniana

In that case, reinstalling the game may be the way to go.

Let us know how you get on with that, thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 8 (2,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks but as I said, I did it before and the DLL are still missing

Message 5 of 8 (2,018 Views)

Community Manager

@Gumniana

I do not mean download some DLL from the 'net as that is a likely way to infect your machine with malware and/or viruses. I suggest you update your antivirus and do a full system scan before reinstalling the actual game.

barry.png
Message 6 of 8 (2,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an active antiVirus but thanks, I will check that again

But I'm pretty sure nothing will change, as I tried before with other missing DLL : delete everyting and take 3 hours to reinstall the game for having the same error when the game launchs

Message 7 of 8 (2,000 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gumniana

Your Anti-Virus software will not help you at all, or at least not until it is to late if you download a DLL from the wrong place. 

Steam game repair: (right click at ME > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

Do you use mods on ME1?

If the DLLs are present in the folder and the error still persist, it is most probably a Registry mismatch.

• Close Steam completely.
  • Copy the "Mass Effect" folder under "<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common" to another location.
  • Uninstall the game using Revo uninstaller (the freeware version). It will give you options to clean the registry as well, use them, the default setting (Moderate) should be sufficient.
  • reboot
  • Close Steam if it is set to auto start.
  • Copy the "Mass Effect" folder back to "<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common"
  • Open Steam.
  • Steam should recognize the folder and should install the game > test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 8 (1,989 Views)