Betreff: Mass Effet 2 audio out of sync

by parkournery

Original Post

Mass Effet 2 audio out of sync

★★★ Novice

In mass effect 2 I have audio issues: I randomly and frequently get sound out of sync. The audio, for example, starts late and stops before its end.

This apply to dialogues and any other sound during cinematic actions too.

I have windows 10, nvidia geforce GTX 1050, intel core i5-7300HQ.

How can I solve this problem? It's a game breaking experience... really a let down. I hope it's not a problem I can encounter even in mass effect 3 - which I was going to buy next...

Let me know! thank you!

Message 1 of 10 (1,607 Views)

@parkournery 

Is the problem always occurring or just in cutscenes?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 10 (1,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@holger1405cutscenes and dialogues. during normal exploration and fights it doesn't normally happens. It happens when squadmates say some comment too during exploration. Did u encounter the same problem?

Message 3 of 10 (1,570 Views)

@parkournery 

parkournery  wrote:

Holger1405cutscenes and dialogues. during normal exploration and fights it doesn't normally happens. It happens when squadmates say some comment too during exploration. Did u encounter the same problem?

No, I never had a problem whit the audio.

Try to set the "MassEffect2.exe" to Windows 7 compatibility mode > Test.

Is your CPU or your GPU overclocked?

If that don't helps please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 10 (1,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Already tried without success setting the compatibility mode to win 7 (on MassEffect2.exe and ME2Game.exe too). The issue presists.

The CPU/GPU are not overclocked.

thank you for your help @holger1405 .

here the dxdiag

Message 5 of 10 (1,553 Views)

@parkournery 

You already tried a game repair too?

Please preform a clean boot and test the Game in clean boot mode with disabled virus scanner and disable afterburner if you use it.

Message 6 of 10 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Novice
@holger1405 I've yet to try repairing game, meanwhile the clean boot didn't resolve anything. I'll let you know when I check the repair tool (soon). thanks
Message 7 of 10 (1,508 Views)

★★★ Novice
@holger1405 Tried everything, but the bug still exists. Clean boot, repair game tool, win 7 compatibility mode, none of them solved the problem. I'm starting to believe it is simply a bad game implementation between audio and scripting. Even searching in internet there are people claiming there's this known bug which has never been solved (?). How sad...
Message 8 of 10 (1,458 Views)

@parkournery 

A Problem like this is almost always not just game related, it is most probably a problem between the game and a component (most likely driver) on your system.

This is a relatively old game, that don't make things easier.  

Did you looked if there is a newer audio driver for your sound card?

You can also test the older sound and VAG drivers from the acer website of your notebook.

(Using the Device specific drivers on a Notebook is always a good idea if you run into trouble.)

Did you tried different Windows audio settings?

Do you play with headphones? 

Message 9 of 10 (1,446 Views)

★★★ Novice
@holger1405 drivers are all updated (video, audio and others), checked on acer website. The issue persists with or without headphones. windows settings allow only the realteck high definitio audio hardware. not sure what you mean with "older sound and VAG drivers"... I'm not sure I want go messing around installing old drivers which I cannot officialy find anywhere...

Just to add some hint, I noticed that the desync happens more easily if I wait some seconds to reply (during dialogues) istead of reply immediately. But still in the cutscenes, where I have just to watch and do nothing, the audio problem is there.
Message 10 of 10 (1,426 Views)