[Old Report] Mass Effect 3 Online Pass Error

by HuntIsBetter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Old Report] Mass Effect 3 Online Pass Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi

I am trying to play the multiplayer for Mass Effect 3, but since buying the DLC Bundle am unable to access it anymore. Whenever I try to play the multiplayer it says to "Redeem or Purchase Online Pass". 

After looking around online, this seems to be a common bug that can only be resolved by reaching out to EA for support, after speaking with Guru via their chat option, I was directed to post my issue here.

I appreciate any assistance in this! 

(cm edit - updating title)

Message 1 of 46 (7,689 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3, "Redeem or Purchase Online Pass" Bug

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@HuntIsBetter Hi, sorry about this but support should be able to assist with this, can you reach out again? 

You may want to reference a process named "Mass Effect 3 - Entitlements"

I'll take a look at the ticket where this should have been addressed, thanks for flagging.

@sylvesterm1994 It's looking like yours got straightened out by a phone advisor, is this the case?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 46 (7,613 Views)

All Replies

Mass Effect 3, "Redeem or Purchase Online Pass" Bug

★★★ Newbie

Hey all, I saw a similar post so I thought Id copy the phrasing because it summed up my issue exactly! 

I am trying to play the multiplayer for Mass Effect 3, but since buying the DLC Bundle am unable to access it anymore. Whenever I try to play the multiplayer it says to "Redeem or Purchase Online Pass". 

After looking around online, this seems to be a common bug that can only be resolved by reaching out to EA for support, after speaking with Guru via their chat option, I was directed to post my issue here for assistance. 

I appreciate any help in this as I am hoping to play this game with some friends 

Message 2 of 46 (7,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@HuntIsBetter Hi, sorry about this but support should be able to assist with this, can you reach out again? 

You may want to reference a process named "Mass Effect 3 - Entitlements"

I'll take a look at the ticket where this should have been addressed, thanks for flagging.

@sylvesterm1994 It's looking like yours got straightened out by a phone advisor, is this the case?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 46 (7,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this exact issue. I downloaded the single player DLC that I didnt have, and now my game is saying "Redeem/Purchase Online Pass"

Definitely seems like the same issue... I'm just worried that because I opened a ticket and the reply time is 72 hours, they wont know how to fix it and I'll be stuck without the game for who knows how long... 

Message 4 of 46 (7,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, my problem was solved with the above listed solution. But, to quickly sum it up, call into their number and say it is for a sunset game. They just need to go in on their side of things and award your account a permission. You might get transfered a few times or even told they can't fix it. Don't sweat it, be consistent, and don't get rude. It got resolved for me and my friend in under an hour. Good luck! The game is still a lot of fun 

Message 5 of 46 (7,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue after I accidentally activated this DLC bundle (knowing I'd been owning the whole package for a decade), tried calling UK support, and got hung up on after they had me log into Origin, then out, and on again. Game & expansions appeared and disappeared, and I'm still left with the issue.

After calling back they told me there was nothing to do about this old game, so all I could do was buy it again on another account. I feel quite flustered about it.

After which I even tried buying the deluxe upgrade which was available, knowing I'd had the deluxe edition from its very release day, to no avail. Still the same old "need an online pass" screen.

Message 6 of 46 (6,887 Views)

@ArcaptSSX 

Did you mentioned ""Mass Effect 3 - Entitlements" as @EA_David suggested?

I would recommand to try out EAs Support on Twitter or on Facebook, this seems to have the best chance of success at this problem.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 46 (6,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive contacted support and nothing has been done so far

Message 8 of 46 (6,802 Views)

@xBioHuman 

Contact them again. Only support can fix this.

You need to chat or Talk to an advisor, they should be able to solve this wile you are in the Chat/on the phone.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 46 (6,785 Views)

Community Manager
@xBioHuman Sorry that you've not been able to get sorted with this. Can you reach out to support again, and mention the "Mass Effect 3 - Entitlements" steps? That should help with getting this cleared up.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 46 (6,739 Views)