Re: Mass Effect 3 font size and HUD too small!

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Betreff: Mass Effect 3 font size and HUD too small!

[ Edited ]

@OrbitalSexTycoon

The game is 5 years old and BW did not fixed the scaling back as it was new, so I would not hold my breath on a patch.  

The Mass Effect Mod Manager you can download at Nexus however doesn't contain any Trojans or Viruses. (I just tested that again.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 11 of 18 (3,444 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for keeping the post alive guys! I can totally relate with the above replies. Especially I can imagine the scale of the problem for @OrbitalSexTycoon who is trying to play the game at 4K.

It is quite a pity that a game with such a scale and depth that (let's face it!) has directly inspired others, to be rendered unplayable by such glitches. It is quite obvious that all the developers have moved on to other projects but I was expecting that the game still had some economic value for the company to fix it, especially after the release of ME4 that would renew interest for the series. I am certain it has "sentimental" value but I am not sure if this is enough...

I believe that for such priceless games, it is worth the effort to include some (advanced) options that would allow it to adjust when the technology will have moved past what was considered high-end at the time of its release (or at the time the official support seizes to exist). Or at least somehow give the community the means to adjust it as the technology moves on...

Message 12 of 18 (3,431 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The AHQ is for player-to-player self-help and technical discussions.  No one from the development studios, (BioWare, in this case) or EA, ever visits here (except the Community Managers who try to keep us in line.)  We're all just fellow players, doin' the best we can...

Both BioWare and EA use Twitter and Facebook as their feedback channels. (I use neither.)

Message 13 of 18 (3,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
@ThandalNLyman

Wow, so ridiculous. What happened to private support forms which you fill in with your issue and it goes straight to the support team who then relays it to the developers? Why would anyone want to go on Twitter or even Facebook and publicly announce their tech/game issues to the developer for all to see? To me, those are social avenues to see what's new and trending. I know everyone uses them for different reasons but tech support? Am I the only one who thinks this is a little weird?

Just bring back dedicated private support forms which are sent directly to the support team\developers.
Message 14 of 18 (3,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I didn't say they used those channels for tech support.  I said that's where the developers had a presence.  The EA Game Advisors are the "official" support channel, and the AHQ is the "player-to-player" one.

WWIW, I agree with you.  (See the last sentence of my reply above.)

Message 15 of 18 (3,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
I'm the dev for the interface scaling mod. Essentially the way the UI was designed it was not meant to work on non-4:3 or 16:9 screens (if scaled). They designed all the interfaces for 720p and 4:3 (as this is what Xbox supported).

On PC you can bump it to 1080 and nothing scales, but it is still passable. At higher resolutions their lack of scaling obviously does not work. They did not implement code to deal with scaling nor non-standard aspect ratios.

I added in scaling (so it will scale up to what it would be like at 720p) but there is little flexibility in the interface. Writing code for aspect ratios would be awful to write and requires more resources than I can provide (there are a lot of interface files).

Additionally there are no "Trojans" in Mod Manager. The whole thing is open source, you can build it yourself even. Some of the included files have to modify game processes so mods work, that's part of modding the game. The files are relatively new on the latest releases because they were freshly compiled. Lots of AV programs like to flag newly built files that don't have a reputation yet. I'm not going to fork over thousands for a code signing key.
Message 16 of 18 (3,281 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is now 2022 and playing from a fully updated me3 the entire hud is small than 1/6 of my open hand

It is like trying to pick out individual ants in an ant hill

meeh, greed, money comes first, then no one cares

Message 17 of 18 (1,152 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 font size and HUD too small!

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect 3, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 18 of 18 (1,106 Views)