Mass Effect 3 - EA App issues.

by ThaTrooperz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 3 - EA App issues.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

EA desktop states that the game requires an update and when I update it verifies and then still requires update. So I cannot launch the game.

I played yesterday and it was fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still the same issue persists.

I downloaded Origin launcher to see if I was able to launch the game from there.

It turns out I can but half my inventory in the Multiplayer is missing, I also don't have more than half the characters wheras I had them all unlocked and maxxed out. I also don't have any equipment whereas I had everything maxed out. I have spent over 300 hours in the multiplayer. What is this!?

Message 1 of 6 (3,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 3 - EA App issues.

★★ Apprentice
@ThaTrooperz Turns out the version of ME3 on EA App is not the deluxe edition and does not include the MP DLCs hence why my inventory was missing. After manually installing them through Origin things are back to normal. Note that the game can only launch from Origin and not from EA App.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,222 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
@ThaTrooperz Turns out the version of ME3 on EA App is not the deluxe edition and does not include the MP DLCs hence why my inventory was missing. After manually installing them through Origin things are back to normal. Note that the game can only launch from Origin and not from EA App.
Message 2 of 6 (3,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

You actually can launch and play it from the EA Desktop once you have the DLC's installed in the proper location.

But, yes, you can't get the MP DLC's from EA Desktop app, so if that's your only option (i.e. you are using Game Pass), and can't find the DLC files elsewhere, you're out of luck.

Message 3 of 6 (3,185 Views)

★★★ Novice

"once you have the DLC's installed in the proper location"

And where is that proper location?

Message 4 of 6 (2,874 Views)

★★★ Guide

Under your Mass Effect 3 install folder, it will be in:

\BIOGame\DLC

Each DLC has its own sub-folder starting with "DLC_"

The default location for your game installs is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\

In case you changed, and need a reminder, you can check the properties on the game's startup icon.  Or from inside origin, from the menu at upper left of screen, check:

[menu] Origin>Application Settings>Installs & Saves

Message 5 of 6 (2,859 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, that is exactly where they are and I still can't launch ME3 from the EA app. It gets stuck in an endless "update required" cycle 

Message 6 of 6 (2,847 Views)