Re: Mass Effect 2 dont work

by MahatmaGhandi61

Original Post

Mass Effect 2 C++ Runtime Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have encountered a runtime error during the misson to recruit Mordin Solus.  It happens right after I save his assistant and then walk in the next room with the enemy blood pack. It happens right as I step past the doorway. The error message reads, "This application has requested the runtime terminate it in an unusal way." I hope that someone can help me, as I would like to finish the game.

System Specs

Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit), Service Pack 1

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor
Clock Speed: 3615 MHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

DirectX: DirectX 11

Game Information

Version: 1.02, unmodified
Launcher: Origin, Digital Download

Message 1 of 16 (7,346 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 2 C++ Runtime Error

Community Manager

There are two things I would try:

1. Un-install and re-install your game. Make sure to keep your save files!

2. If that does not solve the issue, try to manually re-install the Microsoft Visual C++ library:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3387

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 16 (7,280 Views)

Mass Effect 2 Microsoft C++ Runtime Error

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently purchased Mass Effect 2 and enjoyed the game thoroughly, until my game started crashing after trying to get to a specific area in the game. The error screen says Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I don't know how to fix this and help would be appreciated. Thank you for your help.

P.S I already uninstalled and reinstalled the version of Microsoft C++ that ME2 uses

Message 3 of 16 (6,340 Views)

Community Manager

@MahatmaGhandi61

The first thing to try is right clicking the game in Origin and then click Repair Game.

barry.png
Message 4 of 16 (6,112 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello fellow EA worker.

thanks for the answer. I dont have Mass Effect 2 on origin but on CD. What to do there?

Message 5 of 16 (6,090 Views)

Community Manager

@MahatmaGhandi61

Can you try EA_Ursulas' suggestions above please.

barry.png
Message 6 of 16 (6,069 Views)

★★ Novice

I did already. Sadly without success. Maybe the fail message is importent:

General protection fault!

History: memcpy() Address = 0x5edb5108 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x682026 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\MassEffect2.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0xbac6e1 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\MassEffect2.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0xbe1f7b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\MassEffect2.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x90233d (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\MassEffect2.exe]

Message 7 of 16 (6,053 Views)

Community Manager

@MahatmaGhandi61

As this is almost certainly an issue with your Visual C++ installation, please manually run the following installers:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\__Installer\vc\vc2005\redist\vcredist_x64.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\__Installer\vc\vc2005\redist\vcredist_x86.exe

Let us know if the issue persists after that.

barry.png
Message 8 of 16 (6,048 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont have a "_installer" folder..

only Binaries

BioGame

Data

Docs

Engine

Message 9 of 16 (6,031 Views)