Mass Effect 2 AWC.DLL Load Fail

by PongRocks

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 2 AWC.DLL Load Fail

★★★ Newbie

In the Origin client, click right mouse button on the Mass Effect 2 game and select "Repair"

Message 21 of 26 (1,701 Views)

★★ Novice

Is that a legitimate site? I've been looking for a way to play the arrival DLC in the classic version and installed the DLC from that origin site because cerberus network does not work even for owners of the mass effect trilogy edition bundle.

Message 22 of 26 (1,047 Views)

EA DICE Team
What are you referring to? @kwars01

/Atic
Message 23 of 26 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i am referring to this site:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/#masseffect

The arrival DLC IS NOT EVEN FOR SALE on origin and it seems that the whole cerberus network crap needs to be retroactively stripped from the game as it does not work without some fan made DLL patches otherwise you can’t even use the cerberus network DLC you do have like firewalker and zaeed. 

I bought the mass effect trilogy bundle and it did not include half of mass effect 2’s dlc and next to nothing besides the base version of ME3. I do not care about artbooks and soundtracks. I recall the original disc version claimed all ME 1 and 2 DLC would be included and its not digitally as Arrival is missing and not even for sale in the long list of random useless packs on Mass effect 2’s store page. The beginning of Mass effect 3 does not make any sense without it.

Mass effect legendary edition also has no plans to add the best part of the series: THE FUGGING MULTIPLAYER OF MASS EFFECT 3! so it was a clear “NO BUY” to me.

Message 24 of 26 (987 Views)

★★★ Guide

1) The site is legit

2) That software, even though on site, is not free.  If I recall, it checks to see if you purchased before loading in game.

3) It is for sale, 2 ways, both from the "Extra Content" in the ME2 page

(#1) it is in the "Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle" (overpriced right now.  It used to go on sale, but I doubt we'll see that anymore given they want to push the Legendary Edition - which includes it)

(#2) stand alone for "Boware Points" (which I wish would go away.  Should be real currency)

4) The original Mass Effect Trilogy "Bundle" does NOT claim it has all the DLC

5) I agree MELE ME3 not having multiplayer makes it a no-buy for many.  It was a no-buy for me for that reason as well.  But I caved when I could get it from Humble Choice for $12.

6) Also agree that some of the business practices are reprehensible ("From Ashes" day-1 DLC).  And it is a fair argument that Arrival should have been added in the Trilogy purchase.  Since, as you wrote, it is really a vital bridge between ME2 and ME3.

Message 25 of 26 (972 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 26 of 26 (837 Views)