ME3 Legendary Edition crashing after cutscene

by shmowder

Original Post

ME3 Legendary Edition crashing after cutscene

★★★ Newbie

i just finished priority: thessia. the cutscene after defeating kai leng plays perfectly, but after the loading screen finishes, the game starts the mission briefing cutscene but then immediately crashes. i have tried repairing the game using origin, i have changed the gamersettings.ini file, i have reloaded from a different save, and i have ran it in every possible way i can imagine. i have had absolutely no luck trying to fix this on my own, and have never had this problem before with me1, 2, or earlier in 3.

Message 1 of 7 (1,194 Views)

Re: ME3 Legendary Edition crashing after cutscene

Community Manager
Hey @shmowder,

Welcome.

That does sound frustrating indeed.

Can you please post a DxDiag of your system?
https://help.ea.com/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 7 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

here you go

Message 3 of 7 (1,144 Views)

Community Manager
@shmowder, thanks!

I think I already see what the issue is... You don't have a dedicated GPU (graphics card). You need to have one in order to normally run the game. At least a Radeon 7970 / R9280X or Equivalent, or GTX 760 or Equivalent. You only seem to have the Intel OnBoard graphics. Unfortunately this is not enough, I am afraid.

So this means that your system unfortunately doesn't meet the minimum requirements to support/run the game, I am afraid.

Please also see the system requirements page of ME: Legendary Edition here: https://www.origin.com/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition#store-page-section-requiremen....
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 7 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i’m with you on the fact that i have a awful computer, but i just don’t understand why it’s been running without any issues for 90+ hours and just had this issue now.

Message 5 of 7 (1,112 Views)

Community Manager
@shmowder, these things happen. However, as you've noticed already; when running a program on officially unsupported hardware, it doesn't mean it will always work unfortunately.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 7 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Guide

@shmowder 

Just throwing things out there that you might have already tried:

Game repair (from Origin, the game page Settings (Gear symbol) > Repair)

Updated graphics drivers?

Switched game to lower (lowest) supported resolution?  (you say you played with gamersettings.ini, but might want to change in-game)

replay that mission and see if it gets past it?

Good luck!

Message 7 of 7 (1,082 Views)