Re: How do I uninstall mass effect 2 dlc genesis PC

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I uninstall mass effect 2 dlc genesis PC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I did not want it installed in the first place but after not playing any Mass Effect 1-3 in a few years I downloaded all 3 games.  I did not select for the DLC Genesis to be downloaded as It ALWAYS keep me from porting a ME1 play through correctly. However after 24 hours I come back to my PC and some how the DLC was downloaded with out my permission. How the hell do I remove this DLC from my computer that I NEVER WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. I have tried to delete it, move it and hell even tried to compress it as a zip folder but it keeps saying I do not have permission. 

So what am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 5 (3,338 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: How do I uninstall mass effect 2 dlc genesis PC

@Edrick1976 

If you download a game inside Origin or Steam it will always try to download all content you own.

You need to delete the specific DLC Download in the Download manager of either client to avoid installation.   

For the problem:

Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time > Click on "Command prompt (Administrator)" or "PowerShell (Administrator)"

• In the CMD or PowerShell window, at the prompt type or copy:  takeown /F "xxxxxxxxxxxx"   (With the quotes)  Replace the X with the full path to the "DLC" game folder.
    Standardly: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\DLC" ) > hit "ENTER"

• Success should be displayed.
  • Go into the "...BioGame\DLC" folder and delete the "DLC_DHME1C" folder.

• Reboot. > Done.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,302 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: How do I uninstall mass effect 2 dlc genesis PC

@Edrick1976 

If you download a game inside Origin or Steam it will always try to download all content you own.

You need to delete the specific DLC Download in the Download manager of either client to avoid installation.   

For the problem:

Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time > Click on "Command prompt (Administrator)" or "PowerShell (Administrator)"

• In the CMD or PowerShell window, at the prompt type or copy:  takeown /F "xxxxxxxxxxxx"   (With the quotes)  Replace the X with the full path to the "DLC" game folder.
    Standardly: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\DLC" ) > hit "ENTER"

• Success should be displayed.
  • Go into the "...BioGame\DLC" folder and delete the "DLC_DHME1C" folder.

• Reboot. > Done.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (3,303 Views)

@Edrick1976 

It is odd that you are having issues importing a ME1 save with the Genesis DLC installed.  I have done it many times and never had an issue.  What kind of problem does it give you?? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5 (3,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@supersport it's what happens to me
Message 4 of 5 (1,299 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect 2, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (1,242 Views)