Original Post

Game-breaking crash entering Nexus Docking Area

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Crash to desktop upon entering Nexus Docking Area during Firefighters quest
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service? Optimum
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Progress the game up to the Firefighters quest but before assaulting the Kett ship
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia GTX 1080
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

The game crashes to desktop when landing on the Nexus and entering the first large room in the Docking Area. I'm in the middle of the Firefighters questline after Kadara when I'm required to go back to the Nexus to diffuse the EMP bombs. Game black screens for just a second or two then immediately crashes to desktop. Happens every time. I haven't had a problem on the Nexus before so perhaps that quest flag is messing something up. I have even tried progressing more in the game and coming back but the crash still occurs. I'm 75 hours in and can no longer progress, please help.

dxdiag attached.

EDIT: I have tried completing the "Hunting The Archon" quest. While this solved the problem for an hour or so, the crash reappeared shortly afterwards and I now cannot get onto the Tempest to leave the Docking Area without experiencing the crash. So I am effectively stuck and can no longer progress.

I have sent my save file in to an EA person in hopes that he will forward it to the dev team for study.

Message 1 of 69 (10,271 Views)

Re: Game-breaking crash entering Nexus Docking Area

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

100% same issue here. Same mission, same area, same type of crash to desktop.

Message 2 of 69 (10,221 Views)

★★ Novice

That is exactly what's happening to me too. Really huge let down since you can't avoid going back to the nexus and shouldn't have too. Way to make me regret my purchase Bioware.

Message 3 of 69 (9,890 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I've been told that if you progress with the priority mission "Hunting the Archon" it clears the bug upon completion. Checking it out for myself now and will report back.
Message 4 of 69 (9,868 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just encountered the bug myself on PS4 and made a thread about it here, I figured I'd continue playing and wait for a patch to hit and ended up doing the Hunting The Archon mission as well. I'm about halfway through and will be able to corroborate if this does indeed fix the issue.

Message 5 of 69 (9,865 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Upon completion of the Hunting The Archon priority quest I was able to load into the Nexus with no issue. 

Message 6 of 69 (9,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same here. For me the problem is alleviated upon completion of the quest.

Edit: Nevermind. Just a few minutes later and now I can't get through the docking area without it crashing again. I was able to advance the story just a bit and now the same exact issue is happening. The only difference is that this time I'm stuck inside the Nexus and can't get out. It still crashes in the same area: The balcony where Vetra is standing in the Docking Area, right near the door. I'm officially now stuck in the game and cannot progress further until this gets patched, seeing as I'm unable to leave the Nexus.

I hope this gets cleared up with the next patch, it's extremely frustrating. I have zero interest in playing the game now since I have no idea when this issue will rear its ugly head again even if I solve it for the time being.

Message 7 of 69 (9,823 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Exactly same problem here, but i think it somehow connected to the amount of quest and scripts you have after arriving on nexus. 
I tried different combos. First time game gave me a crash when spent like 1 or 2 hours on the nexus docking area doing quests. And i could t get pass the welcoming zone to the tempest.
Then i load old save and before doing anything i just run a circle through location. It went fine. Then i went to tempest. Nexus again. Had a message from Hyperion lady. Tempest again. Nexus again. Took quest via communicator( Find doc in the bar). Tempest again. And after all that nexus. It did t help, of course. I get crashed just when i am trying to enter the zone.
The only real difference from when i was t is the techician that asks to find stolen cargo. I believe he somehow related to this glitch.
And my problem began right after asari ark. 
PC version. Deluxe. Hope to get some news from EA or Biowae soon.

Message 8 of 69 (9,658 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I've loaded up an old save and have been able to progress without seeing the bug so far by ignoring the quests Firefighters, Contagion, and Life On The Frontier. I believe the bug to be caused by one of these quests.

I'll report back later whether or not I hit the bug by completing one of these quests, or if I am able to avoid it altogether.
Message 9 of 69 (9,649 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@BrutalJones wrote:
I've loaded up an old save and have been able to progress without seeing the bug so far by ignoring the quests Firefighters, Contagion, and Life On The Frontier. I believe the bug to be caused by one of these quests.

I'll report back later whether or not I hit the bug by completing one of these quests, or if I am able to avoid it altogether.

I am almost certain it is 'Contagion' however others have completed that quest with no issues and had issues with 'Life on the Frontier' so, something is very wrong. Maybe it is not associated with the quests themselves, maybe we are missing something. But what?

Message 10 of 69 (9,632 Views)