Combat Mastery Challenge Problem

by archangelzack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Combat Mastery Challenge Problem

★★ Novice

To Whom Can Answer & Solve,

I have just spent HOURS with the intent on completing the Combat Mastery Challenge to get the banner and this is what has happened:

1) I complete Head Shots and Grenades 1, 2 & 3 to 100%

2) I then complete Over Cover Grabs 1, 2 & 3 to 100%

After completing Over Cover Grabs I return to the Challenges statistics Screen and see that Head Shots & Grenades has RESET to 0% with one completion for each but affected the Combat Mastery Challenge count taking away the 6 of the 12 points....

VERY PISSED OFF I chose to continue and completed EVERY challenge including re-doing Head Shots & Grenades BUT THEN...(this is where I was ready to melee myself in the head repeatedly...) I RETURN TO THE STATISTICS SCREEN AND IT SAYS 11/12 COMPLETIONS!!!!! ALL OF THEM WERE COMPLETED AT 100%.

There is obviously errors but I after hours of play I'm so upset I'm ready to stop playing ME3 for good. They may bring out a patch to fix this but it doesn't help me now. It is stuck on 11/12 but all 12 are done. Can anyone tell me how I can get it to 12/12 challenges completed so I can get the banner please?? 

Thanks

Z

Message 1 of 12 (2,993 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Combat Mastery Challenge Problem

★★★★ Novice

Today this bug corrected. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (2,775 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

There're many case about challenge glitch, the problem is that the patch which corrects this, has been applied the 16th of October.

So I don't know if your problem will be solved if you reinstall the game, and update it again.

Look at your manifest in the BSN, if he's not showing the same thing as the table of challenge in game, maybe you can reinstall to fix it.

But if he's exactly the same, you must contact the EA support,

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Change the Country: Select at the bottom on the right "Country selector", and choose "United States".

Select:

-Product: Mass effect

-Category: Technical support

-Plateform: PC

Click on the Live chat.

Message 2 of 12 (2,973 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for quick reply I will delete the game and re-install. If it stays the same I'll contact EA. Thanks...

Message 3 of 12 (2,971 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, re-installed the dlcs and it still reads "Current Progress: 11/12" but all are done and no banner. Support still hasnt got back to me after speaking with their basic support.

Message 4 of 12 (2,933 Views)

★★★★ Guide

There's still many problem about challenge glitch, i think the only solution is to wait the next patch/balance of the multiplayer.

The next balance is tomorrow, keep us informed about changes after this.

Message 5 of 12 (2,930 Views)

Not receiving banners for completing challenges!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I finished Combat Mastery 100% and no banner... now I finish Pistol Mastery and no banner...why me??!!

Message 6 of 12 (2,897 Views)

★★ Novice

just finished pistol mastery reset to 0 and no banner... day is over dont know if patch was done...so pissed off

Message 7 of 12 (2,914 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just for informations, banners don't set themselves, when you complete a challenge you have to set it manually:

Go to the main menu of the mutiplayer, then on challenge and then on the challenge you completed, now you can see at the bottom on the right, an option called "Set title".

Or you can set it through your manifest, here: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/challenge/

by clicking on the banner you want to display.

Message 8 of 12 (2,865 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I executed Challenge: Combat Mastery for 100 %. But achievement of Combat Mastery x2 didn't receive.
In this achievement now bug: it shows that I executed 9 of 12 tasks though all 12 tasks in the list are executed for 100 %.

It seems that the problem arose after:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 16, 2012

- The changes below were put in place to fix a bug where some players could no longer progress after unlocking a Gold challenge:
- Combat Mastery goal changed from 9 to 12
- Cerberus Mastery goal changed from 17 to 21
- Reaper Mastery goal changed from 15 to 18
- Geth Mastery goal changed from 12 to 18
- Collector Mastery goal changed from 12 to 15

As I managed to execute Combat Mastery before "corrections". Frown

The address to support EA of result didn't bring. In reply to me advised to execute everything for 100 %, to esteem at a forum how quicker to execute achievement, and after the repeated address in general advised to write about a problem somewhere at a forum.
Frown
It is possible to think, I ask council as to me to play, instead of I report to them about quite concrete and rather mass bug ((judging by responses of friends and messages on this mistake at different forums).

Unfortunately, I very badly know English what adequately to communicate in "Live chat" support.

Message 9 of 12 (2,861 Views)

★ Novice

They have started running a script recently that will fix it. Supposed to be one today that will affect more accounts. I tried it yesterday and it did solve the problem.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Multiplayer-Discussion-/Status-Update-St...

Message 10 of 12 (2,854 Views)