Your account has been denied access to this feature.

by Gronk87monster

Original Post

Re: Your account has been denied access to this feature.

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry for how long
Message 11 of 37 (1,505 Views)

Community Manager

@Scobeec 

We unfortunately are not able to get a confirmation on the exact time due to it being a security feature. I can only recommend completing the puzzle when it's available to you to avoid being locked out. I understand at times it could be inconvenient and tedious, but until the team can continue improving on the anti-cheating systems in place it's for the best of the community in terms of limiting bots and other malicious programs from damaging the in-game economy. 

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 37 (1,482 Views)

★★ Novice

Denied access to mut hub auction house on the madden 21 companion app. No idea why. 

Message 13 of 37 (1,352 Views)

Community Manager

@Boggzilla22 

If your EA account was recently actioned, please check the email address associated with your EA account for additional information. If you are unable to find the email after double-checking all folders in your email address, please contact our Terms of Service team via the link below for details and/or to dispute the action taken on your account.

For full details on EA's Terms of Service and User Agreement:

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 37 (1,346 Views)

★★ Guide

EA BLUEBERRY,

Could you check on my account Kludgyleader? I am being denied access to the Auction House on Madden 21 Companion.  I always followed the rules and have just one gamer tag/account.  I always did solve the puzzle.  Just before banning me it started spamming me the puzzle.. I submitted the email to content my ban. Prior to submitting the email I spoke to two support agents.  One agent told me that nothing was wrong and just to log in later and the second agent told me "I was banned for breaking rules or incorrectly banned".  The timing is terrible because I was looking forward to selling what is in my binder so I had funs for the Golden Ticket release. 

Message 15 of 37 (1,114 Views)

Community Manager
@NFLdropMadden If you didn't solve the puzzle it can lock you out for a temporary amount of time. While under your circumstances this can be inconvenient and disappointing because you were not at fault, yet this is in place to ensure it protects the in-game economy from botting.

The lockout time is not shown from our end so I cannot verify when it will expire. I can only recommend opening up each day to see if you have regained access.
Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 37 (1,107 Views)

★★ Guide

So, after a few days it worked for a day then denied me access again. Every single time I carefully solved the authentication puzzle. I contacted technical support that indicated that just from activity it will block people. I don’t understand why it worked for me for 1 year and now it keeps blocking me and I get no support from tech support they just close the ticket. The emails are just ignored.

You had indicated previously that EA support  can take down complaints. I tried to have EA take down a complaint for closing my tickets without solving the problems. the support agent refused to take it down, indicating it would need to first be reviewed by a consultant to even decide if it was a valid complaint. She bluntly refused to include my contact information so if EA was in a position to address my concerns they could get back in touch with me. She then hung up the phone and ironically closed out the ticket. I think that because there is no escalation process these glaring issues get swept under the rug. 

Message 17 of 37 (1,081 Views)

Community Manager
@NFLdropMadden

Is this for the companion app that you are being blocked from?
Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 37 (1,063 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes. It was.  I unblocked me yesterday.  Fortunately, I have never been blocked from playing the game. 

The companion app has become super aggressive.  I don't know if you guys updated the software.  All the recent reviews of the App on the Apple App Store are negative and other users are experiencing the same issue, that are not breaking rules.  More than half of the reviews for the app are 1 star.  Apparently, even if you answer the authentication correctly, only sell items in your binder and acquire items for sets, it will still block you. 

EA released a lot of cool new content on Madden, Ultimate Team Masters, Calvin Johnson 99 UL and Ed Reed 99 UL, so it should recognize that there would be an uptick in use of their software, rather than penalizing users from using the software and tools it offers.  EA should consider that the Madden 21 Team Master and Team Builder sets require a lot of items to complete, which requires active bidding and selling.  Part of the fun of Madden has been searching the market place to get the most of the coins you acquire from playing the game and building the super "ULTIMATE" team.  Opening packs, collecting cards and using the auction is supposed part of the fun.  

At this point, I won't be surprised if it blocks me again.  I understand that security needs to be in place.  Bots cannot be allowed and people shouldn't have "farm accounts" and be paying for coins for 3rd parties.  However, this update to the  "security", which is really poor programing and a bug, is now disruptive to regular users.   The solution should not be more disruptive to the problem.  I hope this feedback is useful to EA.  I understand that you may not have control over the Apps security, but maybe you can relay the message to the team that does, that it is now taking away from the user experience and from the fun.  

Message 19 of 37 (1,056 Views)

Community Manager

@NFLdropMadden 

Fair feedback. We don't want you to use something if it's a struggle. If I may ask though, have you tried deleting the app and re-installed it to see if that would help, along as check for software updates on the device and/or reboot it? Some app issues can pop up in games and a simple re-install could help avoid the pain you went through going forward. 

Android Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

iOS Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 37 (1,051 Views)