Why is Madden 18 Play Now Mode Freezing Every Play?

by BaseballKid_760

Original Post

Why is Madden 18 Play Now Mode Freezing Every Play?

★ Novice

I have just installed the game, and am playing the Falcons-Patriots Match in Play Now. The Gameplay is nearly unplayable, as every single play, event or tackle is causing the game to freeze up for about 30 seconds or so. 

Any answers? Is this happening to anyone?

Message 1 of 7 (1,537 Views)

Re: Why is Madden 18 Play Now Mode Freezing Every Play?

★★★ Newbie
Did you find the solution?
Message 2 of 7 (1,420 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Bumppppp having this issue and cannot find a solution. I've initialized my PS4 twice and uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times and nothing is fixing it.

Message 3 of 7 (1,375 Views)

Madden 18 Freezing Between Every Single Play

★★★★★ Newbie

Bought Madden 18 for my PS4 recently and after installing I ran into an issue where the gameplay would freeze for about 30 seconds after every play. Audio still worked as I could hear the crowd noise, but the image would freeze and everything would pause for about 30 seconds and then the game would keep running as normal. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. I then tried doing a full PS4 re-initialization and redownloading the game after that and im still getting this issue. It makes the game essentially unplayable as I spend about half my time playing waiting for the screen to unfreeze.

Message 4 of 7 (1,382 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was a solution ever found?

Message 5 of 7 (1,105 Views)

Community Manager

@Jordyy8782 

Are you on PS4 and have you tried reinstalling the game to the internal hard drive?

A power cycle usually helps avoid freezing in games, I recommend that if you haven't given it a go yet.

How to power cycle your PS4 console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 7 (1,070 Views)

Community Manager

I'll be locking it down to avoid any more necroposting. If you still need help with this please create a new post.

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example. 

AHQ Rules & Guidelines

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,053 Views)