Unable to purchase trait upgrades

by cwsteveo0621

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode XP package bug

★★★★ Novice

I reported this to EA, too, but have not heard anything even acknowledging it, yet. It happens because the game takes more XP away from the character than the package should cost. If you don't have enough XP to cover the hidden XP cost, you get that message.

Message 11 of 130 (4,126 Views)

Re: XP Issues

★★★★ Novice

This is my bug report. I merged my accounts and am bumping this thread because it needs to be fixed. I'm no longer playing Madden until this and the dissappearing traded draft picks issue is fixed. Still have not heard a reply from anyone at EA for either of the issues.

Message 12 of 130 (4,110 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase trait upgrades

★★★ Newbie

This is killing my favorite part of the whole game. Completely ruining the experience!

Message 13 of 130 (4,237 Views)

★★ Novice
Sooooo are we going to get a patch for this or no.
Message 14 of 130 (4,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I too have this on my xbox one. Im gonna rent it in my ps4 n see if it occurs
Message 15 of 130 (4,159 Views)

Community Manager

@Jbattle6802@cwsteveo0621@RaiderNaShaun@waverobber@fcurotto1

Let me try to get some info on this for you guys here.

Any available update or info will be posted on this thread.

Thanks for reporting.

barry.png
Message 16 of 130 (4,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This happened to me too in CFM with Fournette I would try to buy a couple traits and it would say "this package could not be purchased" and when I went back to the screen his XP was gone too. I tried with other players as well and keep getting the message.
Message 17 of 130 (4,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Hi @EA_Barry

So I'm in my third season of franchise and so far what I notice is that the xp seems to just simply be calculated incorrectly when purchasing traits. For example, a relatively cheap upgrade, say... penalty likelihood costs 2,812 xp. But when buying this trait, the game will make it cost 3,312 xp for some reason... As the traits become more expensive, the calculation is more severely wrong. Imagine it like tax on the xp upgrades basically. A development trait upgrade already costs about 13,000 xp, but with this glitch it will cost somewhere around 17-18 thousand if not more. This issue does NOT occur when purchasing abilities. BUT, buying abilities and traits simultaneously does seem to have an odd glitch as well, where the game seems to tell you you cannot purchase the package, and then takes your xp and possibly does not give you the traits/abilities regardless. I hope I explained this well, thanks for the help.
Message 18 of 130 (4,087 Views)

★ Novice

Hi everybody.

I am also experiencing this issue too. Look forward for hearing from EA, as I would hope a patch/fix will be out soon to rectify this issue. 

Message 19 of 130 (4,068 Views)

★ Apprentice
I haven't heard or had any problems with disappearing draft picks? And I trade for quite a lot, too.
Message 20 of 130 (4,014 Views)