Re: Franchise mode XP package bug

by EA_Barry

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie
It doesn't work for certain players at all. So that means i just can't ever buy traits for those players?? There is no work around for that situation. No matter how much experience i have i can not buy a trait....this is too important to put on the backburner. Forget MuT for a week and fix this incredibly important part of this game!!!
Message 111 of 130 (1,358 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@nickfaux, read some of the previous posts.  Development upgrades work, but the XP price listed does not match the actual cost of the upgrade.  The actual cost of the upgrade is ~30% greater than the list price.  Very annoying, but the upgrade system isn't broken entirely.

Message 112 of 130 (1,340 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
That is not entirely true. I read all the other posts, but for instance i have a player right now with almost 10k experience and i am unable to buy any trait including the 2500 traits which is way higher then the 30% others have said.
Message 113 of 130 (1,306 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Barry this is beyond ridiculous. I've been following this for months now and still cannot purchase dev upgrades or other traits. I'm no longer going to support EA when their games are miles behind others. I've bought every madden since 2003. I'm severely disappointed and outraged. I hope EA is prepared to lose more than just my business. Fix your games. I don't understand how a function like this worked in all years prior, but suddenly not now. I love playing franchise, and it's being ruined since I can't compete with my friends online in our league. I hope to see a fix soon. I don't understand how I am the only one in my specific online franchise with this issue.
Message 114 of 130 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I’m done with EA as well. I hope someone will make a football game to rival what Madden used to be. Atleast I don’t have to spend money on FIFA anymore since they came out with PES. I really hope EA looks for some employees who care about their fans’ concerns.
Message 115 of 130 (1,288 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@nickfaux, that's different.  Haven't experienced this myself and I'm not sure anyone else has either.  Frustrating.

As for those of you losing your patience, we all know CFM isn't a priority.  EA has made that fairly clear for a number of years.  Microtransactions are king and CFM is thankfully free of them.

We all knew this year's Madden was going to have more bugs than we're accustomed to even from an EA product.  Adapting an entirely new engine is going to bring that sort of issue.  I'm frustrated with this issue and a couple other Madden bugs as well, but we were told that a fix may never come... at least we were given reasonable expectations.  

Face it: you're probably going to buy Madden next year; I am too.  Even if we didn't, EA doesn't really care.  It's kind of like threatening Apple with not buying the iPhone.  Not going to get you very far.

I hope EA proves me wrong, but if I were a betting man (I am), I'd give 2:1 odds that this is fixed before the real playoffs, if at all.

Message 116 of 130 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This issue is still happening, what is the point of starting these game modes if we have to start over every time you need to fix an aspect of the game. Completely ridiculous. Why should I have to work around an issue that should be able to be fixed.
Message 117 of 130 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry  This is absurd. I am one of the weirdo's who only buys this game because I enjoy the management aspect of running an NFL franchise. I sim every game.  Bugs like this are especially damaging to my style of gameplay. It literally kills the game for me if I cannot grow and develop my players.   There is no excuse for a game breaking bug to persist like this.

Message 118 of 130 (1,238 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Your frustration that this is not yet resolved is totally understandable.

As soon as there is more info to share with you, I will let you know ASAP.

Apologies for the delay.

barry.png
Message 119 of 130 (1,227 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the fix in the recent Madden Title Update. I haven't tested it yet, but i saw the update notes saying it has been addressed!

Message 120 of 130 (1,205 Views)