Re: Franchise mode XP package bug

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Community Manager

@Dxpsman_2l5u59f@Snapr4God

Acknowledged.

The question that came back to me was: have you guys possibly purchased the upgrade already and are seeing that message when trying to purchase again. If you press X or A on the "the package could not be purchased" message, does it say 'Owned' beside the upgrade you are trying to get?

Any additional info is appreciated to help us reproduce the issue.

barry.png
Message 71 of 130 (1,697 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry No the trait has not already been purchased. Is there no one that is actually playing the damn game to replicate the issue we are having? It's not difficult to see. Has this problem already been fixed in later releases of he game?
Message 72 of 130 (1,693 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry I will quote myself on the post you accepted as a "solution." 

"The problem is not an inability to purchase traits. The problem is one of cost display. More specifically when you purchase the trait and choose to "Submit" and save your choice, it takes an additional amount. For example: I'm trying to purchase Aggressive Catch for Chris Conley. It's cost is 2250 and I have 2711. I am able to "Increase" it, but when I choose "Submit", despite having 461 XP still available, it won't proceed and says the trait can not be purchased. "

Message 73 of 130 (1,690 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Snapr4God@cwsteveo0621@ChiggidyChud@Dxpsman_2l5u59f@hrf_kingduke

From the screenshots is looks like the purchase successful and the points are deducted but the error is still popping up.

It is possible the issue was fixed in the recent patch but the league was created before then which may explain why the error is still being shown on a successful purchase.

Have any of you guys started a new CFM since the patch?

If not, can you do that and post your results please?

barry.png
Message 74 of 130 (1,678 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry I started a brand new one last night with the same issues. It changes to 'owned', but also gives the error message, making it unable to save and be completed. I will start another one in a minute and let you know. Thanks for the response.
Message 75 of 130 (1,671 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry Yes I have tried this with new and existing online connected franchise. And no it still happens. I do not believe you are understanding the issue. Screenshots can only capture the error message itself and not the bug that is actually happening. If you play the game you know that purchasing upgrades is a 2-step process. You have to increase the trait you want to upgrade and then you have to submit the change. On XBox One you increase the trait with the A button and then submit with the "start" button. There is no problem with the first step. However when you try and SUBMIT your trait purchase and finish the process the game is trying to take ADDITIONAL XP on top of the price displayed. If you do not have the mysterious hidden extra XP it then causes the error message to pop up. If you then back out none of your XP will have been spent and no traits will have been increased. I don't think I can explain this any better at this point...

Message 76 of 130 (1,670 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry @Snapr4God that is a perfect explanation of what is going on
Message 77 of 130 (1,664 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry yea you aren’t understanding the issue. The issue is the hidden additional XP cost of traits. It occurs upon accepting your purchasing in the upgrade menu by pressing the start/menu button. Once you press the button you will either be unable to purchase the trait due to not having enough XP to cover the second hidden cost or you will have enough XP and it deduct the hidden amount from your remaining pool of XP. And the second, worse offense is if you purchase a trait upgrade, then proceed to try and upgrade your individual skills before pressing start/menu & you do not have the required XP for the hidden charge, the game will take your XP without applying the skill upgrades nor the trait purchase.
Message 78 of 130 (1,650 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry do you have a direct support email that *you* personally will receive so that we can send you video of this bug because it seems the words & photos aren’t conveying the problem
Message 79 of 130 (1,646 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@EA_Barry@Snapr4God@ChiggidyChud - Thanks for helping us look into this, I know you folks are encountering a really frustrating bug here, trust me it's frustrating for us on the QA side too who are trying to get reproduction so we can see what is happening and we're just not hitting it.

Let me introduce myself, I'm with the Live QA team and I work with EA_Barry to help ensure your concerns are being heard and looked into. I've been looking into this one since it was raised and there are a couple of things that are making identifying this issue difficult. As a CFM player myself I'm aware of just how much simulation aspects there are to CFM and it's beginning to look like this is a case where it could be something small that some of you have in common that I don't have on my test setups and that's why I am not able to get this to reproduce (and thus why it hasn't yet been fixed for you).

So in the interest of getting you all back into the game I am going to ask for a bunch more information here. I'm sorry to do this, I know you all have provided a lot of information already and likely the last thing you want to do is answer more questions, but without your help I don't think we'll be able to get this confirmed. So thanks in advance for your help on this, you all seriously rock for helping!

1.  Are you Playing CFM in Offline or Online Mode?
  2. Which Team are you picking?
  3. Which mode are you playing - Coach, Owner, Player?
    1. If so are you using existing or creating custom?
    2. If Custom any specific settings you are picking? 
    3. If using existing player which player?
  4. Which Roster are you using? Which week are you starting from?
  5. Are you using a custom playbook?
  6. Have you made any changes to League Settings? If so which sliders?

I know this is a lot of different questions, but honestly at this point I need your help to help get this fixed for all of you. The more info you all give me on this the more likely I am going to be to find the issue and thus be able to push to get it fixed for all of you.

Message 80 of 130 (1,634 Views)