Accepted Solution

Unable to purchase trait upgrades

★ Apprentice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug When upgrading my players, it will not let me purchase any traits. It always says unable to purchase package even though I have the xp available to purchase.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to connected franchise and try to buy a trait package for any player.
What happens when the bug occurs? It says attention: the package could not be purchased.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to buy the package.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Steveo0621
Date/time issue occurred 8/27 4:33 est
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/a

N/a
Message 2 of 130 (16,824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Franchise mode XP package bug

★ Apprentice

I think it is important that you pay attention to some of the more coherent posts. The problem is not an inability to purchase traits. The problem is one of cost display. More specifically when you purchase the trait and choose to "Submit" and save your choice, it takes an additional amount. For example: I'm trying to purchase Aggressive Catch for Chris Conley. It's cost is 2250 and I have 2711. I am able to "Increase" it, but when I choose "Submit", despite having 461 XP still available, it won't proceed and says the trait can not be purchased. 

View in thread

Message 63 of 130 (13,644 Views)

All Replies

XP Issues

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug When spending player XP in Franchise mode, when you submit the XP, you suddenly lose (or occasionally gain) XP. For example, WR Avery Kempfert has 2,223 XP. I purchase the Cover Ball trait, increasing it from Brace vs. Med Hit to Brave vs. All for 1,350 XP. His available XP correctly shows as 873. When I hit submit, his available XP suddenly drops to 573. This has a much higher impact with larger XP spending (I purchased Normal to Superstar development on someone and lost around 10000 XP more than I should have spent on it). On rare occasions, I saw the available XP increase by a small amount, but this was only when I purchased something very cheap. This bug occurs when purchasing traits only, as far as I can tell.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase a trait in franchise mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? You lose more XP than you spent.
What do you expect to see? The proper amount of XP removed when purchasing traits.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? [edit: email address removed]
Date/time issue occurred 8/22 and 8/23 at many times, most recently around 11 PM.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug When spending player XP in Franchise mode, when you submit the XP, you suddenly lose (or occasionally gain) XP. For example, WR Avery Kempfert has 2,223 XP. I purchase the Cover Ball trait, increasing it from Brace vs. Med Hit to Brave vs. All for 1,350 XP. His available XP correctly shows as 873. When I hit submit, his available XP suddenly drops to 573. This has a much higher impact with larger XP spending (I purchased Normal to Superstar development on someone and lost around 10000 XP more than I should have spent on it). On rare occasions, I saw the available XP increase by a small amount, but this was only when I purchased something very cheap. This bug occurs when purchasing traits only, as far as I can tell.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase a trait in franchise mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? You lose more XP than you spent.
What do you expect to see? The proper amount of XP removed when purchasing traits.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? [edit: email address removed]
Date/time issue occurred 8/22 and 8/23 at many times, most recently around 11 PM.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Message 1 of 130 (16,161 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase trait upgrades

★ Apprentice
I am also having this EXACT problem on the same console and all. This needs to be fixed as it is a HUGE part of the game that is missing... completely broken and a very easy fix, please do not ignore this EA.
Message 3 of 130 (16,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe this is due to the XP issue I reported. Even though you have enough for the package, for some reason the game tries to take much more XP than should be required for the package, leading to the error message. I've received such messages from time to time as well.

Message 4 of 130 (16,543 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've never had the problem unless I'm specifically trying to buy traits though. You could be right. I'm just hoping that they notice and fix the issue.
Message 5 of 130 (16,539 Views)

★ Apprentice
I think you are right. As when I get about.... 500+ xp more than required for the skill I am sometimes able to purchase it. I am an owner rebuilding the jets... I don't know if that affects anything but it's worth adding for patch sakes...
Message 6 of 130 (16,534 Views)

★ Apprentice
There are times when I've had double or triple the required xp for cheaper traits and it never matters. I think it's just hit or miss.
Message 7 of 130 (16,530 Views)

Re: XP Issues

★★★★★ Novice

EA, this needs fixed. I will continue bumping a couple of different threads about this issue until we receive an official response. This is happening on both PS4 and XBox One.

Message 8 of 130 (16,076 Views)

Re: XP Issues

★★★★★ Novice

EA, when will we hear something about fixing this?

Message 9 of 130 (16,061 Views)

Franchise mode XP package bug

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug When attempting to purchase a Xp progression package for a player, it says "unable to purchase package" then proceeds to take the XP as well without the upgrade. I can't play franchise mode with this occurring
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simulate a season and try to purchase package
What happens when the bug occurs? A unable to purchase package screen pops up and XP is taken away without an upgrade
What do you expect to see? An Immediate fix of this issue
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Kingtommy booy
Date/time issue occurred 9/4
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A

N/A
Message 10 of 130 (16,068 Views)