Unable to log into EA Account with email I don't know

by VA_Calamity

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to log into EA Account with email I don't know

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play the madden 20 trial off of ea access. In order to do so I must sign into my ea Account but, I do not have any access to the email nor do I know the password. So basically I’m locked out of madden until I can magically guess the password. I’ve been trying for hours to contact support. Please help me. 

EA_Blueberry: Slight edit to post title for improved search results 

Message 1 of 42 (13,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to log into EA Account

Community Manager

@EA_Barry wrote:

@xboxlife532 @VA_Calamity @whull123 @Moist_Nugget619 @Isenthug765 

Email

Don’t have access to the one you used to create your account? You can swap emails from one account to another.

If you’ve changed your email address, you can update it by clicking Edit next to Basic Information in your About Me settings on ea.com.

You can also add a secondary email address to your account. A secondary email helps you reset your password if you’re locked out of your EA Account and primary email address.

1. Find the Secondary Email section of your EA Account Security tab.
  2. Click Add Secondary Email.
  3. Enter an email address different from the one registered to your EA Account.
  4. Log in to that email address and find the security code email sent from us.
  5. Enter your security code in the EA Account settings verification window.

Once set up, your secondary email will receive the same password reset instructions and confirmations when using Forgot Your Password? as your primary email address.

Tip: We recommend using an email address that you’ll always have access to. Private email domains, like email addresses you get from school or work, might expire when you graduate or leave your company.

Free providers, like Yahoo or Gmail, let you recover your account and password more easily if you ever need to.

Hey all,

If you are not able to login to the game because the email address registered to the EA account is not accessible, you will be required to contact our Live-Support team to prove you are the real account owner. Ideally, the owner of the account has access to the email address, but we know there are circumstances where you may no longer have access to an email  because it was created a long time ago so we have additional steps for account verification.

We understand this can be frustrating for some of you just wanting to jump into the game, but with the rise of Madden Ultimate Team and our stance on protecting EA accounts, we want to make sure it's not easy to gain access to an account that is not yours. This is for your protection.

Click here to contact an EA Advisor for account recovery

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 42 (15,736 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Did you ever figure this out? Im in the same boat!

Message 2 of 42 (13,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone ever figure this out? It says it sends the code out to some random email. I literally can’t play the game 

Message 3 of 42 (13,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone have any luck with this? I have the same problem and nobody from the EA Support team is helping. The weekend Madden comes out and they have now customer support is honestly pathetic. 

Message 4 of 42 (13,320 Views)

★★ Novice

Did anyone fiigure our this issues

Message 5 of 42 (13,301 Views)

Helllllp need to change my email from. Co.uk to. Com

★★★ Newbie

Helllllp need to change my email from. Co.uk to. Com but can't because it send code to. Co. UK but that's not an email I can access needs to be. Com

Can't get into madden 20 companion app because need to verify my email but can verify it because it is the wrong email (a mistake from my younger years putting. Co. UK instead of. Com)

HELP 

Message 6 of 42 (13,305 Views)

Community Manager

@xboxlife532 @VA_Calamity @whull123 @Moist_Nugget619 @Isenthug765 

Email

Don’t have access to the one you used to create your account? You can swap emails from one account to another.

If you’ve changed your email address, you can update it by clicking Edit next to Basic Information in your About Me settings on ea.com.

You can also add a secondary email address to your account. A secondary email helps you reset your password if you’re locked out of your EA Account and primary email address.

1. Find the Secondary Email section of your EA Account Security tab.
  2. Click Add Secondary Email.
  3. Enter an email address different from the one registered to your EA Account.
  4. Log in to that email address and find the security code email sent from us.
  5. Enter your security code in the EA Account settings verification window.

Once set up, your secondary email will receive the same password reset instructions and confirmations when using Forgot Your Password? as your primary email address.

Tip: We recommend using an email address that you’ll always have access to. Private email domains, like email addresses you get from school or work, might expire when you graduate or leave your company.

Free providers, like Yahoo or Gmail, let you recover your account and password more easily if you ever need to.

barry.png
Message 7 of 42 (13,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This doesn’t help at all! I CANNOT sign into my EA account! I created this new one with my new email adress. 

Message 8 of 42 (13,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been through 5 different chat sessions and none of them have helped. I’ve filed 5 cases and I’ve gotten no help whatsoever but to run back through all of the steps I’ve done. I spent $80 dollars last night and I can’t even play the damn game. I spent 4 hours yesterday talking chatting to people and got nothing accomplished. This is absolutely insane that I can pay for a product and not be able to use it, let alone the fact I’ve tried 5 times to recover the account because when I was younger I created an email that wasn’t even real and no one can change my email for me. I’ve given details in each case as best as I can to prove the accounts mine but the response time is * poor and they just wind up honestly telling you to fill out another * case that gets you no where. 

Message 9 of 42 (13,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wpizzolo Btw I am also @VA_Calamity but this is my EA Account I can’t access in any other way then through typing in my Xbox credentials.
Message 10 of 42 (13,244 Views)