Re: THE YARD - SLUGGISH AND LAGGY

by MAVERICKll4

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hello all, 

Just an information, if you limit the fps in options, it could help. Menu of the yard will seem slightly in slow motion, but in game it will be better. 

So it's just a trick, not a fix, that we are a lot waiting for. 

It seems too much fps makes the yard and superstars KO too, very very slow. 

Bye. 

Message 41 of 49 (1,493 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any updates on this? This game mode seems really fun but it’s unplayable due to this slow mo big. 

Message 42 of 49 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Novice

For anyone else who might stumble across this. For me the problem is only apparent when I play at 4K on my tv. If I bump the resolution down to 1440p or 1080p then the game plays fine. It’s also NOT, and I repeat NOT because my computer can’t run the game at 4K because it can handle every other game mode fine at 4K. So if you guys have your displays set to 4K and are experiencing a slow mo issue in the yard, with a good frame rate and every other game mode works fine, try turning down the resolution until EA acknowledges this and patches it

Message 43 of 49 (1,413 Views)

Community Manager

@MAVERICKll4 wrote:

For anyone else who might stumble across this. For me the problem is only apparent when I play at 4K on my tv. If I bump the resolution down to 1440p or 1080p then the game plays fine. It’s also NOT, and I repeat NOT because my computer can’t run the game at 4K because it can handle every other game mode fine at 4K. So if you guys have your displays set to 4K and are experiencing a slow mo issue in the yard, with a good frame rate and every other game mode works fine, try turning down the resolution until EA acknowledges this and patches it

Thank you for sharing that, @MAVERICKll4 

Is anyone else here able to confirm this helps so we can spread the word of this as a viable workaround?

Blueberry.png
Message 44 of 49 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there any updates as to a permanent fix?

Message 45 of 49 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is this ever going to be fixed?

I can play Franchise, Face of the Franchise, and Exhibitions with no issue.

I try playing The Yard and as soon as I select vs CPU, it slows to 1/2 or 1/3 speed. Even the three and five second countdowns are slowed down. It's literally in slow motion while maintaining my 144 FPS.

The issue is with the game itself, not our computers. This has been an issue for over five months, and it's absolutely inexcusable that EA has not fixed this.

Message 46 of 49 (1,363 Views)

★★ Novice

Not work for me....i have try to disable g-sync...set display to 1920x1080....lock fps...optimize with ge force experience...set graphic to low....change directx 11 to 12....but nothing...if i play with my friend on "The Yard" only in the menu run in slow motion but in game run normaly....if i play solo vs cpu run in slow motion....the problem is only on superstar ko and the yard....i have intel i7, 1070 ti, 16gb ram...

Message 47 of 49 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You still here? Any luck? I have a 2060 super , 1tb SSD with 250gb of storage freed, 64gb of ram, 

and can run every game out right now basically flawlessly while live streaming 1080 60fps with discord and youtube running with NO ISSUE. EVVVVVVVVVVVVERYTHING EXCEPT LIIIIIIIITERALLY just the yard. Lol it’s comical reading the replies from support, it’s almost as if you’re trolling us with our RGB lights causing the problem on A “SINGLE” GAME MOOOOOODE but not the entire game. 

as of 06/14/2022 the issue remains untreated. I purchased of steam today played a quick game ”offline” against cpu just to refresh my gameplay ultra everything 2k resolution  maxed frames ran flawlessly. Then you click a game mode with you’d assume less models and extra bs going on and it runs in slow motion. IT IS COMICAL. i seriously want your job. I basically do what support does here but on Twitter for free. Troll.

Message 48 of 49 (675 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know you’re just a community manager and that you’re not the one who made these decisions, but pass this along to whoever need to see it who can make a change or who is responsible for this. There shouldn’t be a workaround for this. The game should have been patched when you guys were supporting it, and paying customers shouldn’t have been stuck with a broken game that you guys refuse to acknowledge.

You finally brought the game back to PC which is great, but you are still doing the bare minimum to say that it’s on PC, just so you can try to farm some money from a new audience through Ultimate Team. The game had horrible controller input, which got resolved in Madden 22, but could’ve been a mid cycle patch to fix it. Madden 21 players are still left with a broken game. Even in Madden 22 when you brought next gen versions of the game to Xbox Series and PS5, you left the PC on last gen. PC are usually more powerful than consoles, and should have gotten the next gen update when the consoles did. 

Everything EA does as a company shows how little they care about actually making a great game, and how all they want is a reset for people’s accounts every year to spend more money on ultimate team. People will stop buying it, and less, especially PC players. Almost everyone who knows you have an exclusivity deal with the NFL for simulation football games wants you to lose that deal, so you actually have to compete and maybe make a good game that the company even cares about.

Until then, at the bare minimum, acknowledge your bugs, and release a fix that isn’t “buy next years game”

Message 49 of 49 (658 Views)