Suggestions For Madden 19 CFM

by CaptKasper

Original Post

Suggestions For Madden 19 CFM

★★★ Apprentice

I have compiled a list of suggestions from my CFM League members to improve upon the CFM experience for future versions of Madden. We hope that you will consider adding some or all of our suggestions.

Weather:

• Indicate weather conditions before starting a game. Is it expected to be snowing? Maybe I do not want to wear my white jerseys. Is it expected to be windy or raining? Maybe I should plan on a stronger run game this week.
  • Wind indicator when choosing plays. Should I even consider trying to kick this FG? Right now I have to remember the wind direction for that quarter, and if I don't I often have to waste a time out to see if the kick can be made or not in the current conditions.
  • Have defensive players fall down in weather conditions. We have only ever seen an offensive player (WR/TE/RB) fall down in rain/snow.

Statistics:

• Add post season stats.
  • Add post season career stats.

Player Contracts:

• Options on how contracts are structured (Front-end heavy, back-end heavy, flat). Right now all contract extensions are back-end heavy.
  • Option to renegotiate contracts anytime with players. Not just in their last year of contract. NFL teams frequently do this with players.
  • Negotiate free agent contracts at signing during the season. Similar to how you negotiate with free agents at the end of the season. By only having single season contracts with no signing bonuses, CFM members are able to exploit this by signing players and trading them away immediately to other teams to farm draft picks/players with no cost (due to lack of signing bonuses).
  • 5th year options on rookie contracts.
  • Restricted free agents.
  • Have a way to prevent CFM members from changing their player positions during the season. This can allow members to exploit resigning players. A member could move all their players to FB prior to resigning and then move them back to their original position saving a ton on player contracts. However, at times it is appropriate to move a player from one position to another. Allowing us to choose any player and putting them into any position on the depth chart without actually changing their position would solve this.

Owner Mode:

• More options on how to market your team. Right now there is very little you can do to except set ticket, merchandise, concession prices as well as answer media questions. Promotions, sales, deals, etc.

Team Management:

• Be able to change the 3-4 or 4-3 view of your team in the 'team' tab without having to change your coach. Be able to toggle how your team lineup would look in a 3-4 or a 4-3 or any other lineup on defense or offense.
  • Allow us to field whichever players we want on special teams. Currently we can only choose our punters, kickers, long snappers, and returners. You can change your Punt and Punt return teams in a cumbersome manner by going to formation subs and changing the players at positions that way (but only the top 5 recommended players at each position). But not kickoff, kick return, or FG teams.
  • Be able to offer more than 3 players/picks in a trade.
  • Be able to have 3-way trades with multiple teams.
  • Easily be able to identify how many players are on your roster without going to the 'trade' menu. The roster page should display this.
  • View skills of all players despite their position. Maybe I would like to see if my RT is useful in a tackle eligible play, or if I could field a better blocking CB on a punt return. To do currently we have to change their position, check their skills, and move them back to their original position.
  • DO NOT allow a team that is over their salary cap to play games until they are under the cap. Currently if a team incurs huge cap penalties for the following year and their contracts mature (because they are all back-end heavy) a team can be significantly over their cap limit and still play with their current roster. We had a player get $20 million over their cap limit and their only restriction was that they could not sign any additional players.

Scouting:

• Be able to view your draft card/board the same week as your draft prior to starting the draft. Currently you can not view your draft card/board just prior to entering the draft. Ideally be able to view your draft card/board at anytime in the season.

Practice:

• Allow for scrimmages/scenarios. For instance be able to run a 2 minute drill from the 25yd line or other drive scenarios.
  • Display previous plays when choosing random plays during practice. Sometimes you find a great play that way and it would be nice to know what you just ran to use it in a game situation. Currently you have to run the replay and try to identify which formation you were in and what routes were run to find the play.

Salary Tab:

• Indicate total salary/year. Currently we only get our total salary for our current season. For financial planning it would be helpful to know what your total salary is going to be for each upcoming season. For instance it would be helpful to know that this years total salary is $130 million, next years will be $145 million, and $160 million the next year. Right now I have to use a calculator to play Madden smartly.
  • Indicate projected cap space for each upcoming season. The cap limit raises by $5million/season and seeing how that effects upcoming salary figures would be useful.
  • Show salaries/player for the next 7 years (max contract length) and not just the next 5 years.
  • Total salaries/position. For example my FS cost me $3million and my LTs cost me $15 million.

Transactions:

• When editing players, indicate what was edited. Currently it only indicates if a players position was changed. If you change anything else it just says that the player was edited in the transactions tab.

Standings:

• Have a playoff bracket post season and a projected playoff bracket during the regular season.

Misc:

• Add a 'Spectator Mode' where you can watch head to head games against players in your league. Currently we can broadcast the games from your view, but it is less than ideal to have your league members see your play call choices, presnap adjustments, etc. But, it would be great to watch the SB or other PvP games.
  • Be able to design your own uniforms and logos.
  • Choose your team captains and have them receive XP bonuses. You can sort of do this currently in training with 3 players who each get extra XP. But, perhaps if certain team objectives are met then team captains can get additional XP.

Please feel free to add your own suggestions/comments on how you like to see CFM improved.

Message 1 of 33 (16,443 Views)

Re: Suggestions For Madden 19 CFM

★★ Novice
Madden 19 should offer something that many other EA sport games offer, different leagues.

NHL By EA offers AHL and World hockey leagues.

FIFA by EA offers Premier and Mls so ive heard never personally played.

Canadian football has such a big impact on football it deserves to be included. 3rd downs. 12 people. Wider and longer fields. No Fair catches. Single points for kneeling in your own endzone and for kicking through the opponents endzone on either a PAT attempt or a kickoff. And something as simple as Nfl can only have one moving player before the snap of the ball the CFL allows Several receivers to move at the same time before the snap.

Would go a long way and increase sales worldwide
Message 2 of 33 (16,229 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Statistics:

• Add past season stats. How many yards did Player A have rushing last season vs this season.
  • Add player vs player stats for entire length of the league. For example: Player A has a 3-1 record over Player B since the league started and has had 1000yds rushing, 24 sacks, and a 125 QB rating.

Players:

• Be able to compare one player vs another in a single window.
Message 3 of 33 (16,197 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Player vs Player Games:

When disconnects happen, save the progress of the game. In single player games it saves the progress, but PvP disconnect far more often then single player and it would be reassuring knowing the progress is saved. At least save it at the end of each quarter.
Message 4 of 33 (16,144 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Admin:

• Be able to distinguish between if a user restarts their game or if they continued a game they started earlier and did not finish. Right now it says '2 Starts' if a player does either of those things. It really shouldn't matter if a player starts a game, quits, and then finishes the game later. The fact that they started twice is irrelevant since they didn't restart the game from the beginning. But, if a player starts a game, quits, erases the game data and plays again from the beginning; then we should be informed. 
  • Provide a way to punish users who are found breaking league rules. 
Message 5 of 33 (16,089 Views)

★★ Novice
They also need to add

PLAYERS
Able to play wIth friends on the same team, like i be on offense he is on defense vise versa or both offense both defense.
Not just 1 other friends one your team, maybe all 22 can be played as (plus P and K)

COACH & OWNER
One can be a coach and obe can be an owner and the owner can limit what the coach can do.
Message 6 of 33 (16,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Ea really should add an online feature similar to Fifa Pro Clubs or 2k MyPark or Pro-Am. a mode where players can be one position similar to Career Mode and play online against other teams of 2 or more real players. Similar to Pro Clubs there could be an ‘Any’ feature where one player can control the majority of the team, and friends can all be their own individually created characters.

This would be a really fun feature. Imagine being the QB and really having to make smart plays picking out your friend who is the WR who uses all his best moves to make it to the end zone. Also imagine being a defensive player and hitting other players Hard taking them down with no remorse.

EA could even monetise this mode by making it similar to 2k MyPark where people can pay to upgrade their character faster and for coins to buy customised helmets and boots etc.

Anyone else think this would be a great mode?
Message 7 of 33 (15,932 Views)

Wind meter

★★★ Novice
How many of you would like to see a wind meter at the top of the screen as you are playing to help you make a decision if the wind is applicable to game and clock management
Message 8 of 33 (15,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes please ea can yall also have more freedom with like ulimited money just to have fun

Message 9 of 33 (15,084 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Be able to compare two players against each other. For example I want to upgrade my LE and I am looking at other rosters for a possible trade. Being able to compare my LE against other LEs would make this process much easier. Right now I look at their player cards and take a photo on my phone which I hold up to compare what’s on the screen.
Message 10 of 33 (14,899 Views)