Sound is stuttering

by beeezoli

Original Post

Re: Madden Nfl 19 (PC) Audio Stutter

★★ Novice

Thank you sooooooooo much Twyxt!

The patch today didn't do anything but your solution worked for me too.

Football

Message 21 of 36 (13,940 Views)

Community Manager

@beeezoli@Fitzmitz11@MtheHell

I have marked the post from @Twyxt as the solution to make it easy to find. Can you guys try that specific step and let us know if that helps you.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 22 of 36 (13,910 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you Barry.

For me the theese tipps worked: (from: https://segmentnext.com/2018/08/07/madden-nfl-19-audio-stuttering/)

Quote:

"Sound Stuttering, Audio Stuttering Fix

PC players have reported that they are experiencing audio stuttering while playing Madden NFL 19 despite the game running at 60 FPS.

The Fix for this issue is very simple but works for those who own a Nvidia GPU.

- Go the Nvidia Control Panel and select “Display” and then go to “Set Up Digital Audio”.

- Here make sure you have checked the audio capability for the audio connector that you are using for the game.

(Rem.: I use the onboard soundcard and switched off both Audio Outs via the GFX-card)

However, if this doesn’t fic the sound stuttering issue then you can fix it through Windows OS. Open “Playback Devices” and select the device that you are using for the Sound output.

Right-click on it and select properties. Go to the “Advanced” tab and here you will need to select the sample rate and bit depth and test it. As there will be quite a few options, you will need to do it through trial and error."

(Rem.: I set the Standard Audio-Settings and deactivated any other Sound devices)

Together with the Frames set to unlimited and setting VSync to "Fast" in the NVidia Device Setup, it's the best result I can get since day one.

There is still a little stuttering of audio and video, but not during kicking or punting anymore and very rare during gamplay. It still happens when in or after a cut scene (coach talking, drive replay etc.) the menu appears onscreen.

And every first play after a "cut scene skipped with holding the A-button" (like 2-Min-Warnings, Halftime or Time-Outs) the mouse director (circle with green arrow) appears until I press a button or move a stick on the gamepad.

But it's playable at last and I completed the first campaign in the meantime. ;-)

Message 23 of 36 (13,901 Views)

Community Manager

@MtheHell

Thanks for posting, appreciate it.

barry.png
Message 24 of 36 (13,899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried all the solutions in this thread. Nothing. Especially bad during replays, before and after picking plays, franchise mode, etc. How is there not an update or something by now that fixes this? This isn't Red Dead guys.

Message 25 of 36 (13,390 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i use no fps. lvsync and triple buffering turned on. i turn off in game music. and in task manager i set the priority to real time. that basically got rid of sound and visual stuttering. i think setting real time fixed the sound. the other settings fixed the screen tearing.

Message 26 of 36 (13,382 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dude! Thank you so much! Seems like the task manager priority did the trick. That or the triple buffering. What's weird is, I turned triple buffering off, my vsync was off, and I set priority to real time. That did the trick. Now after I exited and started the game back up, my triple buffering is on again, and my priority is back to 'normal' instead of real time but it seems to work regardless. At least if it comes back up I know what to change. I left in game music on, luckily that wasn't part of the problem it seems. Thanks again, appreciate it!

Message 27 of 36 (13,367 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

glad it worked. i red somewhere about the real time priority setting in someone else post. it was bugging me to. 

Message 28 of 36 (13,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Started up again, and seems like the task manager real time does it for me. Wish I knew how to set it to be 'real time' from the start though lol. Thanks again.
Message 29 of 36 (13,358 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i have to set real time priority every time i start the game.

Message 30 of 36 (13,356 Views)