Re: Sound is stuttering

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sound is stuttering

★ Guide

The sound is stuttering while I play a game. I have the recommended system. The game runs smooth, new drivers. What to do?

Somewhere i saw that i should change the sample rate but I cant. I have earplugs through my monitor. And the sound comes through my card gtx 1060 3g, through displayport.

Please help!

Message 1 of 36 (23,541 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden Nfl 19 (PC) Audio Stutter

★★★★ Novice

I found a solution that fixed the stutter for me. Under Graphics in the settings is the option "FRAME RATE". it was set to "AUTO", when i switched that to "NO LIMIT ON FPS", the stutter was gone.

View in thread

Message 20 of 36 (31,298 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@beeezoli

In the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Display, Set Up Digital Audio and check that you have audio capability on the connector you are using.

You can configure Windows sound settings from there too: click on the button, on the playback tab select your device and click Properties, click the Advanced tab and test the chosen sample rate and bit depth.

Do you hear the same issue if you use the motherboard audio connection?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 36 (23,503 Views)

★ Guide

Hi! Thanks for the answer!!!
First, i have tried to use the motherboard audio connection but the issue still exists.
In properties, Advanced tab I cant set the sample rate, its locked at 16 bit 84000HZ. I dont know why. Maybe because of the monitor? Or the gpu: 1060 3g
I use my gpu through displayport to my monitor and from there i use my earbuds.
Please help somehow. Frown I want to play the game. This and fifa would be the two things to purchase origin premier acces but if i cant play the game properly i wont buy. Frown
The stuttering is only there when i play a match. Most at the start of the match, and when the stadium roars, and there is a lot of noise or things happen in the game. ( sorry for my english, I hope you can understand me)

Message 3 of 36 (23,499 Views)

Community Manager

@beeezoli

On the Advanced tab where you see the sample rate can you make sure that the two options below relating to 'exclusive mode' are selected and click apply and the re-test please.

Let us know if that changes anything, thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 36 (23,475 Views)

★ Guide
Yes, they are selected. Tested, no change. Frown
Message 5 of 36 (23,466 Views)

Community Manager

@beeezoli

I am using a GTX 1060, you should be able to set 2 channel, 16-Bit, 48,000Hz

Hmmm, ok.

1. On the General tab, make sure Use this device is selected.
  2. Enhancements tab: disable all enhancements
  3. Spatial sound tab: deselect 7.1 and set the spatial sound format to Off
  4. Back on the Advanced tab, click on the Restore Defaults button
  5. Click Apply and retry.

barry.png
Message 6 of 36 (23,459 Views)

★ Guide
I have only 1 option, and thats grey, unclickable: 16bit 48000Hz
1. is ok
2. ok.
3. I'm in the office, but i cant remember that there is 71. option. Only a stereo format.
4. I've tried that.
Message 7 of 36 (23,456 Views)

Community Manager

@beeezoli

It is probably worthwhile checking for motherboard audio driver updates as you should be able to choose more than one audio format.

barry.png
Message 8 of 36 (23,419 Views)

★ Guide
I can change the audio format for the motherboard audio. It is locked for my GPU...
Nevermind, I give up
Message 9 of 36 (23,414 Views)

How to fix audio stutters on Madden 19

★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I'm experiencing severe audio stuttering in Madden 19 on Windows. When in game, I usually experience a small stutter every 1-4 seconds. I'm running on quite low settings for the most part and FPS ranges between 15-45 FPS --but that audio stutters persist even when the visuals are smooth. I've tried lowering resolution down to 1080x720 where I get 50+ FPS most of the time, but even here the audio stutters persist. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 10 of 36 (23,479 Views)