Re: Second Controller will not activate for Head to Head (Local) Madden 16

by LaterInk74

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Yes @EA_Barry if I ever hear back from them I will post if this gets figured out. I surely cannot be the only one!
Real bummer, my wife took vacation this weekend which is difficult for her at her job and we really wanted to get in some Madden!! Dang it!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Message 11 of 19 (4,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just to let you know I am having the same problem that you are and when I say the same I mean the exact same. Madden 15 used to work local and then all of a sudden it would not so i just bought madden 16 because i thought it was just 15 but no it is 16 too. we called x box and they did not help and I have no idea what to do

Message 12 of 19 (4,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same exact problem here as well. Started with xBox support (MSFT)...they walked me through several things, hard reboot, uninstall/reinstall, wipe storage, network settings, etc. No luck whatsoever.

Tonight I tried EA and was on the phone with the woman for 55 minutes only to get no where. Same thing as above happened to me when pausing a game...controllers wouldn't activate at all. Also, tonight for the first time, I had the 2nd controller activate (it was the 2nd one down on the screen) and the top one was greyes out. I'm beyond frustrated.

I got this system and this game specifically as a gift for my son for Christmas and we have to sit and watch each other play. All other games are working fine on two player...
Message 13 of 19 (4,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ok, i have the same exact problem as well. While reading this i thought of something. I have the guitar hero live controller thing plugged into the usb port on the side of the xbox one as soon as i removed it the second controller showed up instantly. I home this helps others! Cheers!
Message 14 of 19 (4,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Okay had the same issue as you did about not seeing a second remote. When I called in this morning they told me it was a known issue and asked if I had any device plugged into the Xbox. (Guitar hero dongle) I told them I did and he said go ahead and remove it and magically I could see he second remote.

Microsoft is now getting a call to hopefully resolve this known issue.
Message 15 of 19 (26,808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me. The same fix worked!

Message 16 of 19 (4,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issues, our family is so frustrated with this *...
Message 17 of 19 (3,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with Madden 20.   I don’t have anything else plugged in and other games recognize both controllers 

Message 18 of 19 (3,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you have to sign in with the controller.  Turn the game on with one controller then while in the play now screen turn the other on and it should see the controller but will ask you to sign into the xbox. Sign in as "guest" and it should work.

Message 19 of 19 (2,852 Views)