Re: PC thinks I have two controllers but only one is plugged in.

by Nihxh

Original Post

PC thinks I have two controllers but only one is plugged in.

★★ Novice

My PC is recognizing two controllers when I only have one plugged in. I cant play franchise mode at all my team is always auto selected and I can only act as a second player or my opponent.  In the screenshot I posted the ONLY CONTROLLER I HAVE ACTIVE IN BLUETOOTH is the red controller icon.  I have removed all other controllers previously used on this machine.  It is an xbox series x controller that has been updated.

Screenshot (1).png

Message 1 of 12 (8,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BigTplaysgamesThis game is terrible. Same with the forum and support. EA is the worst company of 2020. They don’t care about the gameplay or the products they produce. Why would they? They have a monopoly on sport entertainment games. The only decent game they make is literally their smallest game, UFC

Message 2 of 12 (8,193 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue isn't present when I use the old xbox one controller. In my case I cant use my RB button if I do hence why I bought the new Core Controller.  So is there any chance of a fix for this issue?  I havent had this problem with any other game but I admit, I dont have a TON of two player games on my PC that would mimic this. I was able to test it with a few sports and wrestling games though, and I was unable to replicate my problem in any other game except Madden 21.

Message 3 of 12 (8,166 Views)

★★ Novice

Nothing?

Message 4 of 12 (8,132 Views)

I do not know a solution, I'm just a player like you, but would like to share my thoughts.

did you already check whether there are still two (or more) controllers listed as active in the Windows settings? I assume that Madden uses the information directly from the operating system. I had a similar issue with disconnects last year because two network ports were listed as active, although I had unplugged one of them. I'm not used to controllers on PC so I cannot give you more details. but this would be my first guess. maybe it's worth to google for how you can activate (and deactivate) controllers.

hope that helps.

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 5 of 12 (8,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BigTplaysgames I have same problem only one controller showing on pc , two on Madden 22 (crazy)
Message 6 of 12 (6,724 Views)

Community Manager
@masterchief327

Do you have any controllers being picked up under your Bluetooth settings on the PC?
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 12 (6,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I solved this issue, installing hidhide and hiding the native controller. https://vigem.org/projects/HidHide/Simple-Setup-Guide/

Message 8 of 12 (5,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found the fix! (if you launch the game through steam) if you go to steam and go to your general controller settings and uncheck everything and turn on the two Xbox controller checks and then launch madden, you should not have the problem anymore. You will have to restart computer after you install the driver for the steam controller settings.

Message 9 of 12 (5,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Nihxh Just worked for me!
Message 10 of 12 (4,611 Views)