Online play

by ThinBlueLine_28

Original Post

Online play

★ Apprentice

I’m back.  Please look at the last two online matches I’ve had and tell me how the * that’s a fair matchup.  I’ve saved playing online because of the fact that everyone else team is far superior, yet I’m still paired up with dudes that have 99’s across the board... how is this fair?  I’ll never play online and I’ll never spend money on this piece of * game until those issues are fixed.

Message 1 of 5 (539 Views)

Online play

★ Apprentice

Ok, so here’s my biggest gripe about Madden.  Maybe someone will have an answer.  EVERY SINGLE TIME I play online against live opponents, I get put up against guys that have multiple 99’s.  (Context: Every player I have, I have built myself, so my highest are the free 98’s I’ve gotten along the way.) I could understand if this was once every few matches, just as a balance between strong and weak opponents, but this is ever single online match I play.  What’s the system catching that puts me into these matchups?  My offense is a 93 and defense a 94, so shouldn’t I be paired with players that are also in this range?  This game would be so much more enjoyable if it was competitive, but you’ve got to be a madden freak to do any good at challenges outside of the cpu solo challenges.  Can you look into creating niches for like-rated players so that the equality is better?

I know I’m not the only one with this problem, probably just one of a few who actually get riled up enough to say something.

Message 2 of 5 (530 Views)

Re: Online play

Community Manager

@ThinBlueLine_28 

What rank are you? The higher you are ranked the more players you're going to be matched up with that will have higher overall teams. Overall can be intimidating, but that doesn't mean they are a more skillful player than you are. Chemistry also is extremely important. In a lot of situations, it can trump overall if you have a solid gameplan with your schemes. 

When someone has a higher overall than you, it's likely they will have some players that will cause mismatches. I recommend chewing the clock to limit the amount of opportunities they'll have on offense. There are a lot of factors that go into matchmaking and it will do it's best to match you up against someone in your skill range, but if no players are available the results will widen to more opponents. Hope you have some better luck in your next games.

Thank you for playing Madden Ultimate Team! 

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 5 (512 Views)

★ Apprentice

* this online *.  I’ve went down by 11 or more in the first half or less the past 3 games.  Quit each game early because I’m not about wasting my time on battling the uneven gameplay.  My guys suddenly lose their elusiveness, ability to break tackles, ability to catch in traffic, ability to break sacks, and ability to actually hold onto the damn ball.  All of this compounded, once again, by being matched up with guys who have at least 3 99’s.  Get your head out of your * and fix something!  I ain’t going anywhere!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 5 (494 Views)

Community Manager

@ThinBlueLine_28 

Do you have any recorded clips of these games where you go down by 11 or more points so we can see what is happening in these games? Are you hitting the button to protect the ball and what is your runner's rating compared to their defender? It sounds like you've been through some frustrating games lately, but it's really tough for the developers to gauge what is causing these outcomes for you without specific information like what's listed below.

1. Player ratings
  2. Defensive scheme against your offensive play
  3. Hit stick
  4. Game scenario
  5. Skill move used

When it comes to throwing a ball in traffic, if a receiver is immediately hit at the split second they catch the ball there is a higher chance of dropping it (especially with a hit stick). Are the defensive players using the hit stick on you?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (488 Views)