Online head to head is not playable (PS4)

by eLestarpeN

Original Post

Online head to head is not playable (PS4)

★ Novice

Hello, 

I've completed a lot of solo challenges in MUT to get a quite good starting team but i am really frustrated at the moment because online season is just not playable. 

It is lagging like hell. When i kick off the ball, i got a 1-2 second delay after hitting the button. It is impossible to have an accurate passing, running or defending with such a delay. 

What i tried so far: 

- disabling UPNP on my router

- enabled port forwarding for the most common ports, used by madden (don't have the link anymore)

- took the power cable out of my PS4 and left it out for about an hour. 

- set my resoultion to 720p instead of 1080p

Nothing helped. 

I am so frustrated right now that i could smash my playstation. 

My internet speed is not the fastest with 6mb down & 0,6mb up, but i never experienced such a lagg in any game.

FIFA is fine online, GTA, Counter-Strike, BattleFront, and so on. 

Is there a possibility to set a max. latency or an area from where your opponents can play from?

Does anyone have an advice?

Cheers, 

eLe

Message 1 of 7 (367 Views)

Re: Input lag on PS4?

Community Manager

@Dakkerrss

It may be worth checking the settings of your TV for something like "frame interpolation" or "smooth motion" and turn that setting off.

Please let us know what you find.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (324 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you for the response.
However, I am playing on a BenQ GL2760H monitor and I see no setting to change. I am playing on 1920x1080 @60 with my ps4 using an HDMI connection
Message 3 of 7 (318 Views)

Community Manager

@Dakkerrss

Please use the info at the following links to determine if the issue is related to connectivity:

http://help.ea.com/article/connection-troubleshooting-basic/  

http://help.ea.com/article/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

barry.png
Message 4 of 7 (308 Views)

★★ Novice
Those links are a great start but not what in looking for. The problem lies within the time between my controller input and actually seeing the change take place. My connection is reset most times I turn on my ps4 and my connection is spectacular. This occurs in solo challenges, franchise, etc. It also occurs in GTA when trying to walk or drive. I can flick the stick to the left and the change can take up to 2 seconds for the change to happen. I have tried using a wired connection with the controller, using the USB adapter, but it doesn't help either.
Message 5 of 7 (286 Views)

Community Manager

@Dakkerrss

Are you using a USB hub? Try removing all peripherals from the console, restart the console and retry.

Of course let us know if those changes help at all.

barry.png
Message 6 of 7 (270 Views)

★★ Novice
I am using the stock USB ports in the front of my bo3 edition ps4. I will record a video of the issue when I get on madden later tonight and hopefully it can help in the issue
Message 7 of 7 (265 Views)