On screen keyboard keeps appearing when I press down on the left analog stick

by Spawny0901

Original Post

Accepted Solution

On screen keyboard keeps appearing when I press down on the left analog stick

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I press down on the left analog stick it brings up this one screen keyboard which is super annoying. It goes away when I press the B button but its still super annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this or make it stop appearing? File attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about 

Message 1 of 8 (55,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: On screen keyboard keeps appearing when I press down on the left analog stic

Community Manager

Hey there. 

Do you have Steam running in the background on your PC? If so, you might have a shortcut set up there to bring up the Big Picture keyboard when you click in the stick. Take a look at your controller settings in Steam and see if you can change or remove that setting. That might help prevent the keyboard from coming up. 

Let me know if that helps. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (55,033 Views)

All Replies

Re: On screen keyboard keeps appearing when I press down on the left analog stic

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue except mine is on the right stick... has nobody found a fix?

Message 2 of 8 (55,077 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

Do you have Steam running in the background on your PC? If so, you might have a shortcut set up there to bring up the Big Picture keyboard when you click in the stick. Take a look at your controller settings in Steam and see if you can change or remove that setting. That might help prevent the keyboard from coming up. 

Let me know if that helps. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 8 (55,034 Views)

Community Manager

@KlutchxKing518 

Did you have the chance to check up on your Steam controller settings? Were you able to figure out a way to stop the keyboard from popping up? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (55,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fair play mate. You've just solved my issue with the weird keyboard that keeps popping up when I'm playing call of duty warzone ruining my games. Steam was running in the background all the time. Disabled that and my keyboard issues stopped. Cheers mate. No idea why steam does that. Thank you.

Message 5 of 8 (51,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for this you have to go into steam select controller setup and then choose the controller for desktop and then remove the keyboard key from the left stick finally can run away in cod 🤣

Message 6 of 8 (51,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this one helped! thank you.

Message 7 of 8 (16,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening with me on PS4 EAFC 24 online friendlies. I tried the turning the text to speech on/off but that didn’t fix it. Any help?

Message 8 of 8 (9,182 Views)