Not enough skill points to purchase this bucket

by BuckYouOrigin

Original Post

Re: Not enough skill points to purchase this bucket

★★★★★ Newbie

my quarterback has 99 field general 99 strong arm 99 improviser but it won’t let me upgrade my scrambler ability and it’s only a 96 it says I don’t have enough skill points but I have 10 skill points

Message 21 of 27 (2,346 Views)

Re: Franchise upgrade not working

★★★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem in my cloud franchise.  I’m playing as a Coach, I had a WR with this issue. I changed him to HB then back to WR and I was able to use his skill points immediately 

Message 22 of 27 (2,181 Views)

Re: Not enough skill points to purchase this bucket

★★★★ Novice

47 skill points available and as a QB, scrambler is the only one showing an over 96 everything else is showing 99 and locked. I canceled my EA subscription because of this and am just playing till my paid time is expired. I love playing madden, but this problem has caused me to stop my subscription and will never buy a game with EA attached to it again. Sure, take a game I love, tell me it only requires one skill point to advance, have over 40 skill points then tell me not enough skill points. LOL. Oh yeah, I'm sharing this with everybody. Thought the last Madden update, though only 146 MB would fix the issue but it didn't. EA doesn't care about anything but making money, but apparantly doesn't realise how much money this error is going to cost them. "Whether compared to traditional advertising, media mentions, or promotional events, word of mouth is more useful in creating new users and customers. Indeed, McKinsey suggests that “word of mouth" generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising". I'm showing my word of mouth here and everywhere else this problem occurs to show people EA doesn't care and says next season will fix your problems. They need to fix the code. season's don't matter. Remember, they will put the carrot on a stick in front of you to keep you going.

Message 23 of 27 (2,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if you are playing as the face of the franchise 

Message 24 of 27 (1,579 Views)

Re: Franchise Mode Stat Problem

★★★ Newbie

not extremely rare at all actually, happens quite often when u reach 99 in any archetype that it will lock one of the other archetypes where they are currently at, i have seen it happen multiple times over the course of a franchise, in my current franchise i can't get justin jefferson above 97 playmaker because i wanted to finish deep threat first

Message 25 of 27 (711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem (Xbox Series X, Madden 23') while playing with Jalen Hurts on the Philadelphia Eagles. "Field General" and "Improviser" are locked at 99 but "Strong Arm" & and "Scrambler" are 98 and 97 respectively and to date I have 2 skill points to spend 

Message 26 of 27 (479 Views)

Re: Franchise Mode Stat Problem

★★★ Newbie

I have seen this error in both Madden 23 and now Madden 24 across multiple positions when a player reaches 99 overall. Restarts WILL NOT fix this issue. I have sent screenshots I get the message when upgrading both Strong Arm and Scrambler. 

Message 27 of 27 (272 Views)