Re: NFL Head Coach

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

NFL Head Coach

★★ Novice

I'm trying to get an old game that i have purchase years ago to work. Unfortunately it is not starting up when i click the play button in Origin. I get a message about signing in even though I am signed in. Anyone have any tips to get this to work? The game is "NFL Head Coach"

Message 1 of 5 (639 Views)

Community Manager

@Z3R0XZ3R0 

Online Services have been shut down for NFL Head Coach 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox. 

It's attempting to establish connection to the servers which unfortunately are no longer available. Within your Origin client's settings in the top left, there is an option to go into offline mode. Try enabling that and attempt to launch the game that way.  

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately that didn't work either.

Head_Coach_error.jpg

Message 3 of 5 (612 Views)

Community Manager

@Z3R0XZ3R0 

Ah, okay. Unfortunately, because this game is no longer supported with it's online services being shut down I cannot guarantee it will work digitally because it must sync up to the servers to play it. 

I know a lot of of Madden fans have been requesting a Head Coach type of mode to return. With an older title like this and new Windows updates, they become more difficult to run and troubleshoot. If you're able to put the game on your desktop as a shortcut, there is a chance it could run if you right-click and go to properties to run it in compatibility mode with an older OS.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (608 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately nothing has worked. I tried compatibility changes, even running the program as admin in hopes of getting a response, or a different one anyways. Oh well. Too bad i couldn't get her started. She was a good purchase. :D

Message 5 of 5 (592 Views)