Re: Last name profane

by 55f8d427fa8d19f4e5fde02b5c3a7ad7

Original Post

Is there not some kind of an appeal process or something for people to get their names approved for use? My last name is Bonner and this is the only sports game I have ever had issues with putting my name in. Part of the appeal of the game in the first place is being able to put myself on the field, and I don’t feel like it’s fair that if your filters sensor it as possible profanity, there isn’t any kind of exceptions to get the names approved… is there any way we can fix this to help those whose names are popping a red flag to get an appeal? Because if my name is gonna be forever in the banned list for profanity when I’m just using my actual legal name, then I will refuse to buy EA products in the future, because if I can’t be myself on the game, then I really have no desire to play

Message 361 of 373 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same with mine. Mine is Bisher but it’s like the B word so yeah

Message 362 of 373 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My last name is Falasco and Madden 23 won’t let me use it 

Message 363 of 373 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey EA,

My name is Cristian Piedra and I am receiving an error saying my last name "Piedra" contains a profane word. How is my last name profane? I would like to be able to create myself in the game. I've been playing madden since the 90s. I can understand cracking down on specific names, but there has to be a bug of some kind. Piedra is not a profane word in any language. Please update this and fix this issue. Please let me know what I can do to help resolve this issue. 

EA please don't kill the fantasy of us being able to play in the "NFL". 

Thanks,

Cristian Piedra

Message 364 of 373 (1,286 Views)

Re: My last name is alerted as profane language.

★★★ Newbie

Yeah is so pathetic.  How is the last name Hemphill profane to anyone? Especially when you had people in the NFL or other sports with the EXACT same last name. So you mean to tell me that they go and look up these last names and say hey we need to block it. Let me go and protest Brady as being offensive and let's see what happens.

Message 365 of 373 (1,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PS5 Madden 23 last name Lagerman is being flagged as profane. Had I known this was an issue I would have never purchased the game. Can you let the Team know this is getting flagged, thanks.

Message 366 of 373 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s such bull. My last name is Cox, which can be used profanely, but there are players in the game with the same name and it’s profane. Mo alie? Fletcher cox? Come on ea

Message 367 of 373 (809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

* you EA and your * censorship. Grown * adults should be able to edit their players names with whatever they want. 

Message 368 of 373 (506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How is the last name Tate profane it makes no sense there are actual players in the league with that same last name 

Message 369 of 373 (362 Views)

Re: My last name is alerted as profane language.

★ Novice

I'm happy to see another fellow Bender having this pathetic issue. Crazy to think that Madden is so incredibly lazy that they can't allow names to be made. They don't care about people's opinions or they'd make their games worth something. EA gets a BIG middle finger

Message 370 of 373 (296 Views)