Missing Madden points after purchasing Superbowl Edition PS3

by soulguys1

Original Post

Missing Madden points after purchasing Superbowl Edition PS3

★★★ Newbie

I purchased Madden Nfl 16 Superbowl edition and downloaded it on my ps3 and when i got into the game it never gave me my 2200 promised madden points. I dont know where they are can someone help me?

Message 2 of 7 (471 Views)

madden 16 super bowl edition MUT points

★★ Novice

I purchased the Super Bowl edition of Madden 16 for PS3 from Playstation Store. Received the game download but not the 2200 MUT points promised with it. Is there some type of code that's needed?

Message 1 of 7 (473 Views)

Re: madden 16 super bowl edition MUT points

Community Manager

@djhgoblue

Had you previously installed the game either from disc or download?

barry.png
Message 3 of 7 (445 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem as the others. I purchased Madden 16 Super Bowl Edition (Bundle) through the PSN network as a download. The details of the purchase specifically mentioned the inclusion of 2200 Madden "POINTS" something that I have yet to receive even after waiting 24+ hrs after install.  

Message 4 of 7 (437 Views)

★★ Novice

I had previously installed Madden 15 from a disc. But this is the first time I had installed Madden 16 on my PS3.

Message 5 of 7 (427 Views)

Re: Missing Madden points after purchasing Superbowl Edition PS3

★★ Novice

Has anyone on this thread found a solution to the problem?

Message 6 of 7 (380 Views)

Re: Missing Madden points after purchasing Superbowl Edition PS3

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem - bought PS3 Madden 16 SB Edition and never got any points - even after a month.

The game gave me a pop up telling me that I had un-received items (see attachment), but there was no way for me to actually get the points.

I opened a support case with Sony, who confirmed that they saw my un-received items - but had no way of issuing them to me.  They told me I had to take it up with EA.

So I opened a support ticket w/ EA support.  They requested Proof-of-Purchase, I provided it (email purchase confirmation from Sony Store), they rejected it despite it meeting all their criteria.  I then had to re-open the ticket and chat with someone.  They made me then send them a screenshot of my transaction history on the Sony website, as well as a screenshot of the transaction details from the site showing the Madden purchase.  

After providing those screenshots, they finally agreed to credit me the 2200 points - and I checked in-game and the points are now there.

So my takeaway from this is
1) The Super Bowl Bundle is a scam - they claim to include points - but then give you no way to actually get them

2) The EA support is inept - they ask for Proof-of-Purchase and then reject it for no reason

3) The Super Bowl bundle is not so great a deal when you factor in all of the time spent trying to activate these points and dealing w/ EA support.

So if you want the missing points - seems there's no other avenue other than contacting EA support.

Message 7 of 7 (327 Views)