I don't know if this helps or not but here is some info that might be relevant:
1) my rank went missing after a disconnect
2) in fact, I was having serious connectivity issues that I think are related to my internet service that was resulting in multiple disconnects (and lost games)
3) connectivity issues long since resolved but issue of rank not showing remains
4) there are various threads and YouTube vids showing the exact same issue in M17. Last year I played numerous people with ranking points sufficient to be ranked but just had "-" in place of rank...you guys know this.
5) XboxOne...same user acct/name since M15...never had an issue before. I play 500 games or more per year...this is the first time my rank has disappeared.
That's what happened to me. I was connected by Ethernet and would get kicked off with a weird error....changed my connection to wireless and there's no error but ranking is gone. It's all good though, If it doesn't come back I'm trading it in for NBA 2k18.....
I had a case opened. It was closed and I wasn't responded too. I'm done trying. Customer service obviously doesn't matter once a profit has been made off the game.