Re: [Under investigation] - Missing Head to Head Rank

by ShinyShoes1966

Original Post

Re: [Under investigation] - Missing Head to Head Rank

★ Apprentice
Well, *! My ranking disappeared again after 8 games or so. Happened immediately after a disconnect. My XboxOne Madden froze during the pregame load period. I unplugged and restarted and it was just...gone. I’m persona non grata again.
Message 461 of 625 (2,282 Views)

Re: Missing online h2h rank

★★★★★ Novice
Agree. Not holding my breath tho. Pretty sure this is the last year of my madden tenure dating back to madden 1998. Nice job ea
Message 462 of 625 (2,275 Views)

Re: Missing online h2h rank

★★★★★ Novice

Don't count on it bro. Never happened to me last year, but if you check last years Madden forums, EXACT same problem impacted thousands of players. EXACT same "replies" from EA at first last year too... bla bla try resetting your console, log out and log back in etc (duhhh, like we didn't try that), then after a few weeks they just marked the question as Solved, and never heard from them again.  I honestly never gave two * about my rating last year (top 1 percent), but now that the ranking is gone, yeah it has taken a lot of fun out of it.  I mean I'm getting matched up with noobs with thousands less rank than me who quit after 3 minutes.  Completely ruins the game for us H2H diehards. I've stuck with Madden despite its steadily declining quality over the past decade cuz its still always been fun H2H, but now...   No point. Unless a solution comes up, a solution that will ensure this won't happen in '19, I'm through with Madden.  I remember writing basic C++ code in 7th grade, one of the first programs you learn to make is a basic counting program, I.e putting numbers or lists in an order. I mean really? REALLY?  Writing code that ranks players in ascending order based one one simple ranking number is too difficult?  Friggin pathetic. Just pathetic. 

Message 463 of 625 (2,297 Views)

Re: Madden 18: My ranking is not showing

★★★★★ Novice

Yep...  No ranking is bad enough, but I've got close to 7,000 rank points, and getting matched up against either noobs with 1500 points, or scrubs with 3000 points after 300 games. Either way, they are rage quitting or conceding once I'm up 3 scores instantly.  I actually LET people score just in an attempt to get a halfway decent game.  I haven't been matched up with a player anywhere near my skill level basically the entire time this game has been out, with a few random exceptions.  But yea man without a rank it just matches you up with scrubs and noobs....  sucks fat meat.  Ain't gonna get fixed, I'm just hoping I'm one of the "lucky" ones who's rank randomly comes back. 

Message 464 of 625 (2,502 Views)

★ Apprentice

...and it is back!  To recap:

1)  Started playing Madden 18 the day it came out...achieved a ranking in online head to head after a few wins

2)  Crawled up the rankings into the top 10,000 or so after 30 or 40 games.  Was having some serious disconnect issues as previously documented here.

3)  One day, after a disconnect my ranking disappeared.

4)  About 200 games later...and well over 7000 ranking points...it came back.  All was as it should be...and it showed I was ranked in the top 3.6%.

5)  About 10 games later...after a disconnect...my ranking vanished again. 

6)  10 or so games later...last night and apparently for no reason...after a win my ranking came back.  Top 3.3%.

I have no clue what is going on or why.

Message 465 of 625 (2,483 Views)

★ Apprentice

...an interesting aside...since my ranking has come back (15 games or so) I've only faced three or four ranked players and only one in the top 10,000.  All the others have missing rankings.  About the same ratio as before my ranking reappeared.  Strange.  Maybe this issue is more widespread than we think.

Message 466 of 625 (2,479 Views)

Not being ranked in H2H madden 18

★★★ Newbie
I currently have 6895 points with a record of 106-77 and still not ranked. Can you please help me resolve this issue.
Message 467 of 625 (2,474 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ShinyShoes I think you are correct in that the issue is WAY more widespread than we may have thought (kinda long message here, bear with me bro it's interesting and a quick read).   I mean this is a LONG thread on the EA forums, 46 pages and counting of people complaining,  and I don't think we've even scratched the surface of the amount of people this is impacting, or even close to it.  I've had a slow week, work-wise,  so I've been playing a lot of games, and while I wasn't keeping exact track, I can conservatively say that no more than 1 out of 5 or 6 actually had a rank, the rest were dashes just like us.

Interestingly, some were veterans like myself (I've got roughly 150 games played) with between 6-8K rank points who had a dash as ranking like me, while others were complete noobs with like 8 games played total, one had 12 games, another I think only 5. These noobs  had like 500 - 800 or 1000 - 1500 rank points or so tops, and had a dash for a ranking as well.  AND, pretty much every type of player in between, I.e dudes with 4K rank and 60 games played, guys (like me) with 150 or so games and a 7K rank,  and also the dudes with 9000+ rank with hundreds and hundreds of games played (don't they have jobs or school?) and again like only 1 in 5 or 6 of these high rank point dudes actually had a rank, and they would be high rankers, top 1-3 percent the dudes I had SOOOOOOOOOO much fun playing in last years madden,  had a dash, no rank.  So, it didn't appear to matter two sharts what your rank SHOULD be, or how many rank points you had, how many games you've played etc... Conservatively, again, 1 in 5 at the most had a real ranking.  Now............ 

,,,,,, not a scientific study, just observations over this past week. I think I'll take the next two weeks or so and actually record my opponents rank points, games played etc and weather they had a real ranking or a dash.  Reading the first 45 pages of this thread, it seemed like there was some type of rhyme/reason or something that set off the glitch, but my initial observation here pretty much shows it is just COMPLETE garbage code written by bottom of the barrel programmers making less than teachers who literally do not know how to write this basic code without inadvertently putting a bad line or two in the code that totally fudges up the game.  It's fairly obvious that it is just bad code somewhere that is acting as a "virus".  Most PC people who come to my complaining about a virus don't have a virus, it was just some bad code in their printer driver update that kinda mimics a virus' behavior.  Quite sure that's what is going on here, and it'll be a cold day in he11 before EA pays their upper echelon of programmers to pour through the code and find where the new grads effed up. I am VERY curious why this never happened to me last year. 

Anyhoo, we'll see, I'm curious to actually record some of the data/demographics on who has dashes and who has a rank, maybe it'll shed a bit of light on who it is impacting the most,  but man, it certainly appears to be random and widespread as all heI1. . 

Regards, 

Scott

Message 468 of 625 (2,463 Views)

Re: My Madden 18 Online H2H Ranking is now blank after my game froze

★★★ Newbie
Do you mind telling us why?? Didnt work
Message 469 of 625 (2,433 Views)

★ Apprentice

Scott,

i think the moderator of this thread messed us over us over by declaring the issue SOLVED.  The thread hasn't been monitored since. He had some BS excuse about it giving it visibility...which makes no sense.   We are talking to ourselves here.  This issue goes back at least to Madden 17 and probably before.  They know about it.  I believe it's intentional and somehow punitive for suspected bad actors. Perhaps we appeared that way due to multiple disconnects...which is the only trend I can divine from this thread. Lots of people w disconnect issues here. 

Everytime a thread like this pops up some junior customer support guy gets involved and promises to engage the tech team.  He is then undoubtedly told to stonewall and shut it down.  Or else, as you suggested, they are total incompetents. I don't believe they are incompetent. 

David

Message 470 of 625 (2,408 Views)