Re: Madden 18: My ranking is not showing

by ShinyShoes1966

Original Post

Re: Apparently the downloaded game is the reason for my H2H mising rank problems

★★ Novice
Don't worry i bought the hard copy and it happened to me too
Message 431 of 625 (671 Views)

★★ Novice
Did that work?
Message 432 of 625 (831 Views)

★★ Novice
Did it work?
Message 433 of 625 (831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Rank has been gone 2 weeks after release.

Message 434 of 625 (816 Views)

★★ Novice
Will the H2H rank ever come back?!?!?
Message 435 of 625 (792 Views)

★★ Novice
My rank just came back
Message 436 of 625 (778 Views)

★★ Novice
Did you do anything?
Message 437 of 625 (763 Views)

★ Apprentice

My ranking has been missing for about 100 games now.  If I had to guess why I'd say it was because early on in Madden 18 I had about 20 disconnects due to some sort of a glitch in my system.  My screen would freeze, usually on the first drive of a game, for about 5-10 seconds then when it unfroze I'd get the message telling me I'd been disconnected from my peer or some such.  I'd then have to log back on (right trigger).  This was happening about every second or third game for about 50 games or so.  Eventually, if I had to guess, I was labeled by the Madden system as a trouble maker or as someone with an unreliable connection and condemned to wander online H2H as a "-" instead of a legitimate ranking.  Blacklisted, in a way.  There is some evidence on this forum to offer hope that my ranking will someday be restored and I've since solved the freezing disconnect issue so I will increasingly appear to be a good Madden citizen.  We'll see.

The freeze and then disconnect glitch typically happened on the first drive immediately after a power cycle...which I used to do very often because I'd unplug the XboxOne at night or...say...after a freeze glitch.  I had AT&T at my house working on my internet connection no less than seven times because I was blaming it on a bad connection.  If I don't power cycle but just "wake up" my XBoxOne by pressing the on button on the front and re-log in to Madden (rt trigger) I never have a freeze/disconnect.  Something happens a few minutes after a power cycle that results in a Madden disconnect.     

Message 438 of 625 (745 Views)

★ Apprentice

To further expand on my freeze glitch disconnect issue...yes, it did result in me getting the loss each and every time.

Message 439 of 625 (744 Views)

★ Apprentice

Impact of missing ranking...

The lack of a ranking results in online pairings with low (or no) ranked players.  I'd estimate that half of my opponents also have no ranking just like me ("-" instead of a rank despite having skill points that should earn them a legitimate ranking).  The rest of my opponents are mid to low level ranked.  My skill points should put me in the top 5% currently and I know from last year (Madden 17) where I was ranked in the top 5% most of the year that a high ranking like that got me a lot of games against other top 5% (and top 1%) players.  Those are rare this year with my impaired ranking.  On the positive side, I go to bed less pissed off now by last minute soul crushing drives by top 5% opponents than I did last year.

It is easy enough to triangulate what your ranking would be by looking at other's skill points who are ranked.  However, the lack of high level competition results in a false sense of one's own abilities.  

Message 440 of 625 (741 Views)