Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by mqualls2

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
Madden 2019 crash on purchasing. I have been waiting since launch of origin to buy these titles and am hoping for a fix. I have 120+ games on steam and have avoided a marketplace that does not support offers of the first line titles as "competition" is a degenerative price point. Please help, this is one of the best lineages of game content and it appears Madden 2019 crash sse4.1 instruction is a primary issue.
Message 171 of 185 (2,223 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am experiencing this same problem.  Madden 19 crashes, or stops randomly with no errors produced in the game itself, in DirectX, or in the Windows 10 event logs).  It happens at random times, after pressing random buttons in the game.  For example, my latest crash came immediately after I pressed to play a preseason game in Franchise Mode for a team I had just drafted (via Fantasty Draft).  The game went away and the Origin interface popped up, almost as if I had exited normally.  Except, I didn't.  The game stopped on its own.

I have all the instruction sets on my 7th gen CPU (i7-7700k).  My system runs at stock settings as I don't overclock anything.  My relevant specs, while I feel they aren't relevant but I may be asked for them, are as follows....

OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU - Intel i7-7700k (stock 4.2GHz)

CPU Cooler - Corsair h115i AIO

GPU - ASUS RTX 2070

MB - ASUS Maximux Hero IX

RAM - Corsair Dominator 32GB kit

PSU - Corsair ax1200i

SSD - Corsair MP500 nvme (boot/os drive)

SSD2 - Intel 240GB (game drive)

HDD - WD 4TB (storage)

I have my Origin games (only a couple) installed on my Intel SSD, along with my Blizzard games.  My Steam cache is on my HDD.  All games run very well.  My system never heats up or runs warm.  Frankly, I almost never even hear fans spinning.  It is very cool and very quiet.  My OS is installed correctly, updated, and I have verified system file integrity via SFC.  Bottom line, the problem I describe in this post is not a result of any of my hardware or software.  What is the solution to prevent this crash from taking place?

Thanks

Message 172 of 185 (1,982 Views)

Community Manager

@RBogan 

Do you know how to login into BIOS and see if your CPU/motherboard needs to be updated? We've seen others on Apex Legends fix crashes with no errors by doing that.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Undervolted-CPU-causing-my-crashes/m-p/7775106#M38403

Blueberry.png
Message 173 of 185 (1,959 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes.  My BIOS is current for my b oard.  It is version 1301, dated 4/20/18.  Again, there is literally nothing wrong with my system.  Every possible component has all the latest drivers, and/or associated software.

I'll await further advice.  My crashes are random.  They do not prohibit me from playing the game.  I can go through sessions normally on occasion, without seeing crashes.  Then, sometimes, they happen as described in my earlier reply.  There is simply no pattern or events that "trigger" them.  The game just disappears and I'm back to the Origin interface on my desktop.

No errors produced...anywhere.  Also, I'm an IT professional.  I'm telling you this so you will have confidence in what I'm telling you.  This crashing is a mystery.  It's the only software I use that does this.  Other games run perfectly.  Trust me.

Thanks man

Message 174 of 185 (1,951 Views)

Community Manager

@RBogan 

Try toggling Windows Game Mode OFF/ON (Which ever setting you don't have it on right now). If it's minimizing Origin it sounds like a program running in the background is conflicting with the game. Have you tried a clean boot prior to running Origin as administrator?

Blueberry.png
Message 175 of 185 (1,923 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't use Game Mode at all.  Frankly, I don't need it.  My system is plenty fast for what I do on it to begin with.  As for running Origin with elevated privileges, that is something I DO NOT do either.  Is that necessary?  I'd rather not give elevated permissions to things like a game service, but for the sake of troubleshooting this problem, I will do so.  It may take a few sessions of trial and error before I will be able to report back if this works or not.  I thank you for the suggestion and coming up with something I hadn't already thought of on my own.  Let's cross our fingers.  I thank you.

Message 176 of 185 (1,906 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry  Madden 2020 Amd Phenom support? Lets make it happen. I will buy it. more sales more money.

Message 177 of 185 (1,670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Uboat (Deep water studios)

The fixes are as follow:

• Disabled certain physics optimizations to fix crashes on CPUs that don't support SSE4 or AVX.

EA shame, with the budget you have, do not do the same.

Message 178 of 185 (1,522 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Spark_2333333 thank spark you sound like your educated in programming,

Message 179 of 185 (1,502 Views)

★ Novice

Hello I am having an issue with the game crashing/shutting off whenever i load up to play a game... everything else runs great up untill the actual football game is loaded then it crashes or shuts off and goes straight to the desktop.  I've attached the DxDiag to this thread, any way to help me out?

Message 180 of 185 (757 Views)